Trending Games | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,352 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,955
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » General Discussion » Congrats to STO / Perfect World

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Po_gg

Elite Member

1/19/13 4:22:00 PM#21
Originally posted by pupurun

the game is great indeed but something really important...Have they fixed the server lag/hicups issues? And most of all is lag bearable for EU players..?(since they closed the EU server..)

Since Q closed his wonderland I played less, but lately (and I mean in the last 1-2 months) it seems decent. Just a few rubberbanding ingame, and server hiccups only during map change/zoning. I remember maybe only 1-2 occasions of server lost when ingame, so I think i can fairly say it's fixed -more or less :).

Rohn

Advanced Member

1/19/13 5:57:31 PM#22
Originally posted by Po_gg

the game is great indeed but something really important...Have they fixed the server lag/hicups issues? And most of all is lag bearable for EU players..?(since they closed the EU server..)

Since Q closed his wonderland I played less, but lately (and I mean in the last 1-2 months) it seems decent. Just a few rubberbanding ingame, and server hiccups only during map change/zoning. I remember maybe only 1-2 occasions of server lost when ingame, so I think i can fairly say it's fixed -more or less :).

I've heard a couple guys in fleet chat talking about lag from time to time, but nothing consistent.  I haven't had much in the way of lag myself, so can't comment much on it.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

pupurun

Hard Core Member

1/19/13 6:05:09 PM#23
Originally posted by Rohn

I've heard a couple guys in fleet chat talking about lag from time to time, but nothing consistent.  I haven't had much in the way of lag myself, so can't comment much on it.

Well i was mainly concerned about the EU playes..like me...Lag does exist naturally...but there were many server d/c and large up downs when i played STO 3 months ago...

Po_gg

Elite Member

1/19/13 6:16:48 PM#24

Well i was mainly concerned about the EU playes..like me...Lag does exist naturally...but there were many server d/c and large up downs when i played STO 3 months ago...

That's why I answered (sorry, I left out, Eu player here :) ) and that's why I said last 1-2 months.

I too had frequent "lost server connection" issues, but somewhere around S7 it got fixed, after that only the usual (rare) lags in crowded locations, like at the snowmen Overlord when ~30 captains shooted him with snowballs :)

superniceguy

Elite Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

OP  1/20/13 1:02:56 PM#25

I am from UK, and it has been OK recently for me, a while a go it took ages to load some of the anomoly missions and was a pain, but it is a lot faster now. Some of it was also down to Virgin Media, and there seemed to be a bit of lag following the hurricane, but all that seems to have settled down now.

Valoreah

Novice Member

1/21/13 3:13:59 PM#26

I'll take a reputation system that allows me to pick the gear I want (in addition to other benefits) over random loot drops every day of the week, twice on Sundays.

I'm not to fond of random drops either. You could get decent gear (eg., Borg Set) from running STFs before the rep grind, so these rep grinds didn't lend much to the game IMO.

Laxmi_Ganesh

Novice Member

2/13/13 10:53:11 AM#27
The game has come a long way since launch; its not perfect but its a very fun game.
  simplius

Apprentice Member

2/16/13 1:14:02 PM#28

oh yea,,i remember launch,,only two things saved them

their fast reponses when bugs occured

and the fact , that they tried to fix those bugs ASAP,,often with success

now the game is really enjoyable,,still some bugs , yes, but theyre clearly progressing

STO has grown up , and i think they will have many good years in the future

happy anniversary STO

happy anniversary fellow players

happy anniversary to all the little tribbles too (except cannibals)

Theocritus

Apprentice Member

2/16/13 1:18:03 PM#29
I just couldn't get into STO at all....It just didn't feel like a very good game to me right from the get go......
  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

2/16/13 1:21:39 PM#30

gratz PWI, I found this company doing very nice job, they are not greedy, communicative and fair.

may be will try STO next!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

2 Pages « 1 2 Search