Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,785,944 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,996
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Trek Online Forum » General Discussion » A fine example of Quality Support from PW

3 posts found
  Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

OP  12/12/12 4:38:53 PM#1

I dont play STO very often but had a few minutes and felt I would log in and do the Christmas race and earn a box.  I now have to link my Cryptic account with my PW account.  It does not work and after 30 minutes I end up with two PW accounts and none of them linked to my Cryptic account.  No problem, I'll put in a ticket...

My Ticket:

I have a lifetime sub through Cryptic to STO. I can not get my cryptic account to link to my PW account. Here is the information I have:

I then list all my account information for both the cryptic account and the PW accounts including usernames, passwords and emails

Auto Response right away:

The following answers might help you immediately (then links to FAQ's that do not help)

Followed by a GM response 5 hours later:

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. If you are having trouble logging in to the game, please make sure that your account has correctly been linked to a Perfect World account.

Please note that all Cryptic Only accounts are now required to be linked to a Perfect World account before being able to log in.

Followed by my response back to GM Heartbreaker:

Dear GM Heartbreaker,

Thank you for not reading my issue and just posting an auto-reply.  I sure hope you get paid an amount appropriate for the quality of work you do.  How about you actually READ my ticket and see that I CAN NOT LINK MY CRYPTIC ACCOUNT TO MY PWE ACCOUNT.  If I could do it I would not have had to put in a ticket with support.  Any chance you will actually act like a real support person and link those accounts for me since I CAN NOT?

Wishing you the best

I mean seriously, the guy didnt even read my ticket.  He read the subject line and then sent me a canned reply.  Is this really how bad things are in the game support world?  Why even hire people?  A computer program could have done this same thing for a lot less. 

Latronus

Novice Member

PC is not political correctness, it means Political Cowardice!

12/12/12 4:48:04 PM#2
Love your reply to the GM there OP.  It sounds a bit more tame than the colorful metafor I would have sent.  Hope you get it resolved!

ShardWarrior

Advanced Member

12/13/12 10:08:00 AM#3

Originally posted by Talonsin

A computer program could have done this same thing for a lot less. 

I believe it actually is a computer program doing the initial ticket responses. It makes sense as you can imagine the amount of support tickets that have to be handled at any given time for all their games. The program scans for certain keywords within the message text and sends a canned response (which they figure will help in most cases). If this does not solve the issue, then an actual person follows up on the inevitable reply from you. We looked at similar programs where I work and decided not to go with them for the same reasons as you express.

I would agree that customer service and technical support has never been a strength of Cryptic or PWE. Definitely an area they can improve upon greatly.