Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,471 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,535
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/02/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Karahandras

Novice Member

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

2/26/09 9:24:45 PM#21
Originally posted by Janetsy
Originally posted by kailomonkey

In my view, you can't expect much these days. But if a company has a true inspiration for the series and game and a vision to do things differently and push the boundaries of what's possible... then there is a chance for one of those rare revolutionary games to come through.

Expectations ofcourse always fail us, our minds can produce so much more wonderful things than a game can, and has a unique vision of everything. But don't give up hope, your vision is worth dreaming. And if not now, perhaps someday, a worthy game will be made...

This man speaks truth. Our expectations aside, is this the company that meets the aforementioned  criteria ?

I don't know. I'm asking you guys. I never actually followed any of the game companies, or people who ran them. I just always bought a game if I like it, barely noticing who made it

i used to be the same until i played swg since then i've started looking at who makes the game and what ppl say about them too

as for the op couldn't agree more

Jwave001

Novice Member

Courage and Honor

6/30/09 7:17:01 AM#22

As long as Michael Bay doesn't get his hands on this game, I'm sure we can all rest easy...

then again, he would probably be a shot to the balls- trekkies would rage, but casual people would flock to it like stink on roadkill... only until they realize too late that its crap... (sorry, just saw transformers 2.... I'm raging against the man who screwed up transformers.. TWICE!) but seriously the studeos have a huge task ahead of them and this is not an easy franchise to cover.  Look at the first attempt at a star wars MMO.  Give them the time they need otherwise we may face that travesty all over again..

Life is about take chances and venturing out of your box, making mistakes and learning from them, and doing what you love. Find what drives you, as all paths end the same, so why not make the most of it and live a life worth living without regret?

BlueJester

Novice Member

9/30/09 6:59:08 PM#23

I followed the PE version for four years.. It wasn't looking good. Cryptic seems to be doin ok so far. I know they still got aways to go but they will go live.. sadly PE did not.

Bj

matt4tay

Novice Member

9/30/09 7:03:28 PM#24

PE had an idea, it could have worked, but all in all, i like the Cryptic is heading with this game. Should be fun!

cipher_nemo

Novice Member

10/02/09 3:36:31 PM#25
Originally posted by saint4God

There's nothing wrong with starting out with a handful of races until the game hits full-stride.  The danger is when it does, that addition needs to be added quickly.  Who plays a game with 2 races?  Apparently we do:

Indeed. Everything has to start somewhere.

The real question is, do you guys want to wait another 6 months to a year for a third/fourth faction, or do you want to play now with Starfleet and Klingons?

Isengardtom

Novice Member

10/03/09 8:53:39 AM#26

PE is dead. Time to move on to Cryptic who actually already realized a big deal. PE had very little after many years of developing

Cpt_Obvious

Novice Member

10/03/09 11:07:52 AM#27

PE's concept art for the Doomsday Machine was real nice.  I hope that survives and we can see that show up in the game.  Would be a nice change-of-pace from the Borg.

Astras

Apprentice Member

2/28/10 10:05:53 AM#28
Originally posted by admriker4

Dont get me wrong, City of Heroes is a decent game. But lets be honest CoH is a very simplistic. It doesnt have real crafting. The graphics were somewhat dated even at its launch. The game is heavily instanced. And ultimately there isnt anything to do except run mission after mission after mindnumbing mission.

Cryptic doesnt exactly do things in the conventional way either. City of Villains was sold as a stand-alone product when it should have been merely an expansion. Cryptic takes on another MMO project that basically is a mirror image of CoH's genre. Whoever is running things over there seems content with their minimalist approach. 

Star Trek deserves far better than minimal effort. Star Trek deserves more than a combat-focused boring mission grind. Star Trek deserves a virtual galaxy simulator with total freedom to live out our dreams.

Star Trek was a cerebral experience where combat only happened as a last resort. Holdecks, diplomacy, relationships, and exploration were the main focus of Trek.

The WoW clone approach wont work with Star Trek. At least not if you expect to tap the large fan base that has followed Trek lore for 25-40 yrs.

So here is a warning to you Cryptic. We wont settle for what PE was doing and we wont settle for a wow clone either. Ignore the marketing suits, you wont get wow players to leave for Trek anyway. You need  a different game, something to appeal to sci-fi fans. Clearly that approach needs to be a sandbox virtual world with quests yes (but not forced), social classes, and the freedom to do something other than shoot stuff. Personally Id be happy to just run my own bar on a space station or maybe mine dilthium crystals.

Do things right, and the sky is limitless. Make the mistake of putting minimal effort into this project and you'll see wrath that makes Star Wars fans seem tame by comparison.

good luck.

It's a shame nobody listened to the OP! Because the result is much worse than a wow clone!

All that's left in this shell of a game with NOTHING to do but kill enemy mobs is fanboys who are so blinded by their life time subscription that they need to not actually play the game but defend it at all costs in the forums. If they don't the value of their lifetime subscription decreases!

Game mechanics "fly/walk to object/mob... hit space bar... press F"

Telothynus

Novice Member

4/28/10 4:54:05 PM#29
Originally posted by admriker4

Dont get me wrong, City of Heroes is a decent game. But lets be honest CoH is a very simplistic. It doesnt have real crafting. The graphics were somewhat dated even at its launch. The game is heavily instanced. And ultimately there isnt anything to do except run mission after mission after mindnumbing mission.

Cryptic doesnt exactly do things in the conventional way either. City of Villains was sold as a stand-alone product when it should have been merely an expansion. Cryptic takes on another MMO project that basically is a mirror image of CoH's genre. Whoever is running things over there seems content with their minimalist approach. 

Star Trek deserves far better than minimal effort. Star Trek deserves more than a combat-focused boring mission grind. Star Trek deserves a virtual galaxy simulator with total freedom to live out our dreams.

Star Trek was a cerebral experience where combat only happened as a last resort. Holdecks, diplomacy, relationships, and exploration were the main focus of Trek.

The WoW clone approach wont work with Star Trek. At least not if you expect to tap the large fan base that has followed Trek lore for 25-40 yrs.

So here is a warning to you Cryptic. We wont settle for what PE was doing and we wont settle for a wow clone either. Ignore the marketing suits, you wont get wow players to leave for Trek anyway. You need  a different game, something to appeal to sci-fi fans. Clearly that approach needs to be a sandbox virtual world with quests yes (but not forced), social classes, and the freedom to do something other than shoot stuff. Personally Id be happy to just run my own bar on a space station or maybe mine dilthium crystals.

Do things right, and the sky is limitless. Make the mistake of putting minimal effort into this project and you'll see wrath that makes Star Wars fans seem tame by comparison.

good luck.

Wow.  Now THAT is a prophetic post.

Old School SWG - "I paid you 1,000,000 credits not for you to slice my Krayt weapon for me... I paid you 1,000,000 credits to give it BACK to me."

2 Pages « 1 2 Search