Daybreak Games Company has revealed a series of changes coming to DC Universe Online that will give players an overall better feeling about the scaling of enemies throughout the game. Players will gain stats from Mods or Skillpoints among others.
In addition, Midrange and Advanced Mechanics and Weapon Mastery Critical Hits are being removed as well in the forthcoming update. Developers urge players not to be overly concerned about the removal by saying that powers will be balanced to compensate.
These are the core changes:
- We are removing combat rating differential.
- Removing combat rating differential is literally what makes stats matter.
- Combat rating itself will still exist to roughly signal where you are in strength, but it will have no direct impact on how you perform in combat.
- Your stats (and your choices) will determine how you actually perform.
- We are smoothing out how you gain stats over the course of your character’s life.
- In a word, this smoothing means consistency from level one on, meaning your efforts to progress result in more even power growth. No more jumping forward in strength at certain combat ratings, and no more crawling forward at others.
- In response, we are also adjusting how NPCs gain stats over the course of progression. Overall, they will feel a bit healthier.
- We are redistributing where stats come from.
- Items and bonuses currently offer a wide range of stat gain, from very negligible to very large. We will ensure the stats from different places make sense and feel similarly rewarding.
- For example, mods take time to farm and maintain. We currently feel that they do not give enough reward for the effort it takes to get them, so we are increasing their power.
- We are also revamping stat-related skill points.
- Currently, skill points that grant stats require you to master different weapons, going deep into trees and abilities you may not be interested in. That’s confusing at best, so we are consolidating all stats into one skill tree and allowing you access to them early.
- We are also making the stats you get from skill points scale up based on how many points you spend. More skill points, more stats, more fun!
Read the full post on the DC Universe Online forum.