Hi-Rez Studios has announced that phase one of patch 1.3 aka "Sandstorm" will be going live today. The servers will be down until 6PM EST in order to deploy the patch.
Patch days are always fun! So, what can you look forward to when the servers come back up? Read below for the short list of Sandstorm's features:
- Over 30 New Weapons, including a Combat Jetpack (shoot while flying), new melee devices for each class and many more…
- A whole new loot, token, weapon and armor system adding thousands of unique device/stat combinations and improving the rewards for play.
- New Dome City Stores, including Weapon shops for each class, Cybercuts for hair customization and Genolab for facial reconstruction.
- Fully revamped Agency-vs-Agency gameplay, now with a single world map.
- More ways to experience Special Ops PvE, including a new Solo PvE mode, the ability to join matches with a teams from 2 to 4 players, and a new Ultra-Max Security level.
- New PvP maps
- New 10v10 Arena PvP, which allows pre-made teams of up to 10 players to compete.
- and much more.
For those who don't know, the long awaited "Sandstorm" patch will be split into two phases as a result of community feedback, allowing players to get their hands on the features that are ready to go, with the rest to follow in the near future.
Sandstorm was also to mark the beginning of Global Agenda's subscription service, however, phase one will not require players to subscribe in order to access AvA content, instead, subscription service will begin with the launch of phase two.
However, Hi-Rez Studios has also announced special "pre-subscriber" bonuses for those who pre-enter their subscription information, offering players the chance to snag a bonus of 20 Mercenary tokens and 4 Conquest tokens daily, even if they don't login on a particular day. It's also important to note that entering your information will not charge you until service actually begins with the launch of phase two, and you can cancel at any time.
Epic weapons have also been added to the game with the launch of Sandstorm phase one, including a Combat Jetpack that allows players to fire weapons while in flight. You can view a video diary on the new weapons and pack here.
[Thanks Piasek for the tip!]