Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,185 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,808
Hi-Rez Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 02/01/10)  | Pub:Hi-Rez Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Global Agenda Forum » General Discussion » have you had a blank controls tab problem with new patch?

3 posts found
  Sid_Vicious

Novice Member

OP  9/26/11 8:27:01 PM#1

Hello!

I cannot change my controls because if I hit the tab it is blank for keyboard bindings. It allows me to click on the black to bind whatever is supposed to be there but without seeing what I am clicking on I am pretty much screwed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

There is no repair option in add/remove programs so reinstalling sounds like a pain and I am hoping another here had a better option to try before I go and do that. I have checked online for an answer already and tried a bunch of places that looked like where to go but all failed to deliver any kind of help really (steam support, for eg.).

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.

jackocomp

Apprentice Member

In the Begining We Lived Like The Animals and For Some nothing Has Changed

10/02/11 10:59:57 PM#2

By the official GA forums your one of the luckier players.

it looks like there are a lot of players that since the patch are now no longer able to even login to the game due to things ranging from patching issues to Black screens & other problematic things.

What I am interested in finding out just on a side note is what is HI-REZ's Customer Service like? I ask this because if I was to go off the forums I would have to wonder if the game is even actually supported by a Development Team as there seems to be more unsolved issues than solved.

Anyway good luck finding a fix for your issue.

Sid_Vicious

Novice Member

OP  10/11/11 12:50:49 PM#3
Originally posted by jackocomp

What I am interested in finding out just on a side note is what is HI-REZ's Customer Service like?

Response was very quick when I found the right spot. I was lost in steam support for a bit on accident because of the first few 'get help' options I came across.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello adam,

This issue is caused by strangeness between the Unreal Engine and the Anti-Aliasing settings on some video cards while running under DIRECTX 9.

There are two ways to correct the issue:

1) If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can switch to DirectX 10 mode. Launch the game, but BEFORE LOGGING IN, click the Settings button. Make sure "USE DIRECT3D 10" is checked in the Video Settings tab (Left Column). Click Apply. Restart the game.

2) On Windows XP, or if your machine performs poorly under DirectX 10, then follow these steps: Within your video card control panel, ensure the "Anti-Aliasing Mode" is set to "Application Controlled." While it may vary between different video card manufacturers and models, typically this setting is found under the "3D SETTINGS" section of the cards' configuration. Your video card control panel is most easily found by selecting START | CONTROL PANEL from the Windows menu and then viewing the list of possible items in "CLASSIC VIEW" and looking for your cards' manufacturers' utility (such as NVIDIA Control Panel, Catalyst Control Panel, etc).

Let me know if the problem still persists.

Thank you,
HirezAndrew
Hi-Rez Support Staff

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the place to go for support: http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask

Google searches took me to the wrong place a few times.

Too bad I didn't find it before uninstalling the game . .. meh. Now I am out of space to reinstall ... lol

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.