Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,592 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,076
Florensia (FLO)
NetTimeSoft | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/16/08)  | Pub:Burda Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Florensia Forum » General Discussion » They claim this is a free game

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
35 posts found
  Mark701

Novice Member

OP  6/11/08 4:32:15 PM#1

I doubt this game will be free. Voyage Century claimed they were free until they began selling upgrades for real money. Don't be fooled.

ArkGrave

Novice Member

6/12/08 2:43:39 PM#2

lol it's no wonder there taking there sweet time on the open beta release

ARX-7

Novice Member

6/12/08 2:53:07 PM#3

WTF are you talking about? Alot of Free2Play games have "Item Malls" which you use real money to buy extra ingame stuff. You DON'T HAVE to buy the items, and how do you think they can make the game free to play if they don't have any source of income? fairy dust?

Die for nothing or Kill for something

User Deleted
6/12/08 2:56:21 PM#4

HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO MAKE MONEY

Nakisa

Novice Member

6/13/08 3:42:39 AM#5

Florensia is completely f2p - the client is f2p, there is no monthly fee or subscription. The item shop will be introduced after the OB.

synn

Apprentice Member

6/13/08 3:58:11 AM#6

lmao...i thought this post was just a joke or something but the OP seems pretty serious. All F2P games have a cash shop of some sort and they are all usually games that require alot of grinding cause they usually sell some sort of increased xp item.

emperorwings

Hard Core Member

6/23/08 10:59:44 PM#7

Item shop, enough said. I'd rather go p2p because I end up paying less for those games and the community seems better as a whole on p2p games.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Aznniceguy

Novice Member

7/05/08 2:53:03 PM#8

Every F2P game I know of has a cash shop. However every cash shop isn't made equal. =P

Sometimes games, like Voyage Century, start selling items that cause imbalance. I don't think things like weapons and armor should be sold in Cash Shops, especially if they're damn strong.

What the OP may have meant was that Florensia might be such a game, although there isn't anything that could lead to such a conclusion.

jircris

Elite Member

7/23/08 4:20:05 PM#9

im sick of seeing ppl complaine baout RMT (real money trades) on free to play games.. you dont HAVE to buy them. You CAN play without them.

A F2P game needs to make money somehow and since its well free they have cashshop dont like it then fork out the money monthly for a game

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs. http://www.swtor.com/r/S6kR3P

Faitu

Novice Member

8/07/08 2:52:36 PM#10

I do understand that such games need a source of income, but it's just not fair calling themselves "Free" when those who don't pay or use their shops experience something more similar to a Demo game than a Free game per se.

See MapleStory for example, they claim to be a free game, but it is more than obvious that you won't ever get over level 100 unless you buy those exp booster cash items. So, after all, there is a restriction, even being indrect, on the gameplay of those who don't pay in comparison to those who do. Basically, those who don't pay, play a "demo" version of the game, in which they can't reach a certain level, aren't able to learn some skills and choose from some classes.

And of course, if there aren't any "free" players that go to such servers to play for "free", no one will even bother buying shop items. The amount of free players they have do affect the amount of income they get, not directly, of course, but who will those premium players bully when they get their so wanted cash items?

Andy379

Novice Member

8/17/08 9:25:31 AM#11

I play this game.... so far the cash shop hasnt intoduced items that raise XP all there is is items that help you upgrade equips, stat resets and extra gear like hats and such

This game really is

FREE TO PLAY

Like all other f2p games out there

patrikd23

Novice Member

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

8/17/08 9:31:18 AM#12

Do you know why? :)

QazzaQY2K

Novice Member

I Know the Secret

10/02/08 1:48:33 PM#13

It's OpenBeta you donno if it's going to cost when it's final

phatpetey

Novice Member

"You''re wrong about drug use, when its not abuse ..."

10/04/08 1:24:13 PM#14
Originally posted by Nakisa

Florensia is completely f2p - the client is f2p, there is no monthly fee or subscription. The item shop will be introduced after the OB.

The itemshop was released during the OB, like the people of Florensia announced.

QazzaQY2K

Novice Member

I Know the Secret

10/04/08 11:44:26 PM#15

Well i treyed it out now for about 1½ day.. got Land lvl 10 and Sea lvl 8 .,.. so far seem very playable and free. Comunity seems ok.. A bit uptigt but that's just a few. Most are fun and nice to speend time on. I can right recomend to give it a few hours to try and have fun with. ;D

phatpetey

Novice Member

"You''re wrong about drug use, when its not abuse ..."

10/05/08 3:56:11 AM#16

Hehe, Qazza

You might love it now but when you reach level 20 you will see how boring the game is. It's always the same: get your quest -> completeyour quests -> grind till the next level -> get new quests ->...

But if you don't mind grinding this might be a good game for you, and they have pretty intresting updates coming up so this is actually a pretty good periode to join the game.

dma1dma1

Novice Member

10/09/08 10:17:08 AM#17

just like any other F2P game they have a ITEM SHOP which you have to use real money(Dollers) to get thos items

as for that the rest of the game is FREE NO MONTHLY  PAYMENTS

libz

Novice Member

12/24/08 7:17:16 AM#18

Its only the bets you never know what could happen when it releases.

alakram

Apprentice Member

12/24/08 7:27:47 AM#19
Originally posted by Mark701

I doubt this game will be free. Voyage Century claimed they were free until they began selling upgrades for real money. Don't be fooled.

Flash news! every game company will ask you for money sooner or later. You know everybody need to pay the bills, and an online game have a lot of this. If it is free to play it means you can play for free, thats it, download client and play, ¿you wanna be competitive? Pay some money, come on, they have families to maintain.

-=AlaKraM=-
Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
My Lord of the Rings Gallery

Scottgun

Advanced Member

12/28/08 2:30:04 PM#20
Originally posted by alakram
Originally posted by Mark701

Flash news! every game company will ask you for money sooner or later. You know everybody need to pay the bills, and an online game have a lot of this. If it is free to play it means you can play for free, thats it, download client and play, ¿you wanna be competitive? Pay some money, come on, they have families to maintain.

As Yoda would say: "To Alakram you listen." I don't know why we have to go through this "It's not really free-to-play" stuff every single time one of these games comes out.

How not to sell me on a game: "And most people that make it past the tutorial seem to appreciate [x game's] uniqueness, even if they don't find it fun."

2 Pages 1 2 » Search