Trending Games | Magerealm | Continent of the Ninth Seal | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,996,380 Users Online:0
Games:841  Posts:6,462,322
Cryptic Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Setting:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 09/01/09)  | Pub:Atari
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Champions Online Forum » General Discussion » Top 10 reasons why you should be playing this game right now

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  korat102

Apprentice Member

Newt: We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly.

6/13/12 4:40:15 PM#21

I really liked this game in spite of its relative simplicity. Mind you, I'm the sort of person who doesn't rocket up to the level cap. I prefer the levelling aspect to the (virtually none existent) end game and have lots of alts. The costume designer really is quite good, you can create all sorts of nice looking characters with some great costumes...when you can find the parts you want in their woeful interface that is.

It's also nice not having to crawl around at a snails pace. As soon as you leave the training zone you can get a high speed travel superpower. Great stuff. 

There is one potentially fatal flaw though, Cryptic are getting lazy and instead of using GM's to make decisions on player behaviour they've started relying on an incredibly stupid system of allowing players to hand out chat bans. Get enough people ignore you (and it seems to be a ridiculously low limit which is cumulative over any time period) and you're banned from chat.

While that may not sound like a bad thing, because of the low limit, it has resulted in the inevitable group of scammers using it to mute anybody they've recently scammed or anybody they just decide they don't like. Cryptic are silent on the matter, seems they just don't care. Problem, of course, is that Cryptic rely on people ingame helping each other on chat because there's precious little official information about anything. With a lot of the decent people being driven away from chat, things may well go downhill fast...

The game is also chock full of silly bugs, some of which have been around since launch and the list grows with every update. To be honest, the ony reason I'm still playing the game is because I bought a lifetime sub when things were looking promising so it's not costing me anything now. I got my money's worth. And of course, GW2 hasn't been released yet...

Omnifish

Novice Member

I'll kick your a**e so hard, you could build a swimming pool in the footprint!

6/13/12 7:09:18 PM#22

Why you shouldn't play this game?

Perfect World screw you out of sub time if you cancel reacuring plans.  Even if you sign up and try and remove your card after they'll turn your account back to silver, even if you specifically state you wanted to see out the sub time you paid for.

Their excuse? 'Our system takes several days to process a removal of a payment source, so please reenter a card', so it takes a few days to remove the card but they can charge you and convert you account to silver instantly? Bullshit scammers frankly. 

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

MMOGamer71

Elite Member

Crosby P. Jenkins

6/14/12 10:52:44 AM#23

Great game, easily in my Top 5 of MMO's ever made.

Ashen_X

Apprentice Member

6/17/12 7:07:15 PM#24

The company refuses to address a matter where large sums of Cryptic Points have disappeared from my account. When I submitted support tickets ont he matter I received an automated response that a CS rep would contact me within 2-3 days. After a week with no such communication I checked the status of my ticket and found that it had been deleted at Cryptic's end. I submitted another and had the same exact experience. No follow up, ticket deleted. I filed a third ticket and was told that submitting multiple tickets on the same subject was a actionable offence and that I should stop. The ticket then disappeared and no folow up has occured since. This has been going on for months now.

So perhaps one of the reasons to pay for CO would be a means of getting rid of excess money that happens to be lying around, getting nothing in return.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

gandales

Novice Member

6/22/12 6:47:46 AM#25

I has been playing CO from day 1 and it has been changing a lot over the last year, after PWE took charge. The alert patch, including the character revamp, made the game more team oriented.

Today, they are releasing the first 10-man alert. I look forward to see the future of this game.

Amana

MMORPG.COM Staff

6/22/12 10:40:29 AM#26

Locking due to necro. Please post a new thread if you want to discuss the same topic.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

2 Pages « 1 2 Search