Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,874 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,902
Cryptic Studios | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 09/01/09)  | Pub:Atari
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Champions Online Forum » General Discussion » Cryptic now sells freeform character slots

3 posts found
  Quizzical

Guide

OP  6/22/12 5:25:24 PM#1

So you want to play a proper freeform character rather than a gimpy archetype, but don't want to subscribe?  Well, Cryptic has just the thing for you:  freeform character slots.  People asked for them endlessly, and now they're here.

$50 each.

No, I'm not joking.  I expect the people who wanted them to immediately start whining because they wanted them for $1 each or so.  But as I've said many times, it's a subscription game with a generous free trial.

niceguy3978

Elite Member

6/22/12 5:27:06 PM#2
Originally posted by Quizzical

So you want to play a proper freeform character rather than a gimpy archetype, but don't want to subscribe?  Well, Cryptic has just the thing for you:  freeform character slots.  People asked for them endlessly, and now they're here.

$50 each.

No, I'm not joking.  I expect the people who wanted them to immediately start whining because they wanted them for $1 each or so.  But as I've said many times, it's a subscription game with a generous free trial.

Wow, that is quite a chunk of change.  I could see maybe half that, but I understand why they made it so high as well.  If they made it for say 25$ they would probably lose a large chunk of their subs who only have subs to have the free-form characters.

Edit:  Didn't they put in a system where you could get cash shop currency from an in-game currency?  Maybe that would make it a bit cheaper.

MadDemon64

Advanced Member

Why is it that fantasy trolls are vulnerable to fire, but internet trolls thrive on flame wars?

6/25/12 9:50:28 AM#3

With luck it will stay in the cash shop long enough for me to watch movies and fill out enough surveys to earn enough zen to buy it.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?