Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Pirate101 | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,419 Users Online:0
Games:752  Posts:6,271,978
Sanrio Digital / Typhoon Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 08/24/10)  | Pub:Sanrio Digital
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
113 posts found
  webfashion

Novice Member

9/26/08 6:33:13 PM#61
Originally posted by Dalgor

I'm just gonna say, all this trying to understand the man stuff is crap, most of this doesnt apply to me or any other guys I know. Its just another of womans ploys to try to understand stuff they never will. HKO and Pink dont threated men for shit, its just simply an IP that guys dont enjoy, has nothing to do with insecurity but all to do with interest, also HK is a big thing in ASIAN countries, you cant really expect it to be popular with the majority of the world, except for the anime wanna be kids who are trying to merge with asian culture even though they arnt part of it. I tried the game, becuse I try every MMO that comes out, and its just not that fun, gets dull just like every other MMo out there, except this one doesnt have a cools/sleek look to it, it has a cutsey, anime, and god forbid girly look to it, which most people just arnt looking to for enjoyment on even the most basic level.

...merge with the asian culture? how about this? I don't think she considers herself asian in any way...

bcrankshaw

Novice Member

9/27/08 6:12:18 AM#62
Originally posted by Kesran

Think I'll wait for DoW:Kitty Island Crusade myself...

This must  be the funniest picture I've seen in a long time :..lol

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

typhoonwin

Novice Member

9/28/08 9:07:09 AM#63

Originally posted by bcrankshaw
Originally posted by Kesran

Think I'll wait for DoW:Kitty Island Crusade myself...

This must  be the funniest picture I've seen in a long time :..lol

how about this one? courtesy of thispost.

yellow_leena

Novice Member

So many faces, so many races

10/05/08 8:05:51 PM#64

I like the picture above, Hello Kitty in pink with weapons!

IMO, it doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the game.

emperorwings

Hard Core Member

10/08/08 10:03:55 AM#65

i'll play it but when my mate come over i'll get out the game real quick before he sees me playing it

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

saint4God

Novice Member

10/08/08 11:55:23 AM#66

Worry not, my friend.  Image is nothing, thirst is everything. Obey your thirst.

http://www.allaboutgod.com/

mlking

Novice Member

1/14/09 3:07:46 AM#67

I don't think playing this will bring down the "man card."  In my experience, men who are way too conscious about their sexuality are the real gay ones.  Real guys can joke about themselves being gay then laugh after a gay conversation is over. 

Terranah

Advanced Member

1/14/09 3:27:37 AM#68

Games don't define me.  I define me.  People that worry about external forces defining them are weak.  I dont let other men define me, anymore than I let women define me.  I already know who I am and if someone has a different opinion, they're wrong.

That being said, there really isn't anything about Hello Kitty that appeals to me.  WOW is like a cartoon and it is tolerable to my aesthetic tastes, but Hello Kitty is even more cartoon.  I'll be 40 in February.  Cartoons don't interest me as much as they did when I was 12. 

moralse

Novice Member

1/28/09 10:18:04 PM#69

I'll probably try it, I loved harvest moon and I hope this can give me somewhat the same experience. If everything is well worked out, like the housing, crafting, farming etc.. I might play it for a while. I've played lots of mmo's from UO to EVE. But sometimes I just want the things I mentioned above. And I love Hello Kitty especially the T-shirts and other stuff so kawaii^^ (cute) my gf has some hello kitty stuff. And I would love to have some t-shirts she has for me to wear they are just awesome.  I don't really think why it could affect somebody's manhood in some kind of way, and my friends wouldn't even care to be honest maybe they would just laugh the first time I would say it but leave it with that or say something like: "you found your game"

I'm 21 years old university student who just happens to like cute social games.

lifesbrink

Novice Member

There are 2 kinds of people in the world: those who don't like dragons and those who enjoy living.

1/29/09 7:37:49 AM#70

Eh, when it comes down to it, Hello Kitty just doesn't have anything awesome right now, nor does it cater to todays trends of gamers.  Yeah, a lot of guys out there would avoid it on the principle of seeming gay, but I think a lot more avoid it because of its concepts.  I avoid it, because not only does the premise seem pointless (although if you take what it has and insert those ideas into a real MMO, you have glorious merging), but also because I somehow think that I would not get along with a community of mostly girls who would likely be talking about their female fantasies all day long.  But then again, I haven't tried it, so who knows?

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

Jackarro

Novice Member

2/07/09 7:17:39 AM#71
Originally posted by Gishgeron

I actually plan to give the game a shot.  Hell, I've given lesser ones their chance...I see no cause to deny HKO its chance to stand on its own merits.  I also happen to be a man, married, and never one to have many issues when dealing with the opposite sex either.  I suppose I would then lack the proper insecurities required to be a "hater'.

Frankly, at this point....HKO has just as much chance to kick ass as anything else.  I don't see any of the "men" games rocking socks off these days.  I'd actually be a major supporter of the "slap in the face" an HKO success would give this god forsaken industry.  It would be hilarious to see how SOE felt after realizing that, not only did they lose practically ALL of their market share to Blizzard....but that the greatest triad of cute, cute, and more cute also tore a second hole in their morally void anuses.

Hell, forget having a good game.  I'd give these guys a single paid month just to see THAT happen.

I could not agree with your statements more my friend.

To the OP: This is a simple issue of what seperates the MEN from the BOYS.

REAL men buy tampons,sanitary pads,vagisil,diapers,change those diapers,training bras,panties,play with dolls and HKO.(I for one will probably have 2 accounts at the very least one.)

OP your protests are addressed at boys. Sexuality is not the factor,maturity is.

Many,by no means all of these boys after they get married,have three daughters,humor their mother-in-law,kiss their own mother on her birthday(in public) AND own and operate a successful business or career,will discover just how much fun it is to watch Barney and wear a frilly PINK dress on Halloween and walk around the neighboorhood because their beloved daughter asked them to just to make her happy.

OP: go easy,boys will be boys.

Real men have long ago stopped measuring how "long" they are.

bbegirl

Novice Member

2/09/09 10:17:14 PM#72

Jackarro,

you will go far in life :-), seriously I mean it, your mature statements are not something you get to read a lot of in these some forums! Very refreshing.

We'll be online if you want to hang out with us during Valentine's day, and no, we're not some ravaging mermaids, all nice girls (and men are in our guild too!)

Guild: sailoria, look us up inside the game at Valentine's Day!

bbegirl Xfire Miniprofile
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

2/09/09 10:23:41 PM#73
Originally posted by Jackarro
Originally posted by Gishgeron

I actually plan to give the game a shot.  Hell, I've given lesser ones their chance...I see no cause to deny HKO its chance to stand on its own merits.  I also happen to be a man, married, and never one to have many issues when dealing with the opposite sex either.  I suppose I would then lack the proper insecurities required to be a "hater'.

Frankly, at this point....HKO has just as much chance to kick ass as anything else.  I don't see any of the "men" games rocking socks off these days.  I'd actually be a major supporter of the "slap in the face" an HKO success would give this god forsaken industry.  It would be hilarious to see how SOE felt after realizing that, not only did they lose practically ALL of their market share to Blizzard....but that the greatest triad of cute, cute, and more cute also tore a second hole in their morally void anuses.

Hell, forget having a good game.  I'd give these guys a single paid month just to see THAT happen.

I could not agree with your statements more my friend.

To the OP: This is a simple issue of what seperates the MEN from the BOYS.

REAL men buy tampons,sanitary pads,vagisil,diapers,change those diapers,training bras,panties,play with dolls and HKO.(I for one will probably have 2 accounts at the very least one.)

OP your protests are addressed at boys. Sexuality is not the factor,maturity is.

Many,by no means all of these boys after they get married,have three daughters,humor their mother-in-law,kiss their own mother on her birthday(in public) AND own and operate a successful business or career,will discover just how much fun it is to watch Barney and wear a frilly PINK dress on Halloween and walk around the neighboorhood because their beloved daughter asked them to just to make her happy.

OP: go easy,boys will be boys.

Real men have long ago stopped measuring how "long" they are.

REAL men play EVE, proven fact.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Stormakov

Novice Member

I miss DAoC

2/09/09 10:32:36 PM#74

I FUCKING LOVE HELLO KITTY ONLINE OMG ITS LIKE REESES FOR BREAKFAST

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
-deep breath-HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE INTO THOUSANDS OF SKITTLES THIS IS HOW AWESOME THIS GAME IS!

All joking aside, its not an insecurity thing, its because the game is a load of garbage and most "men" want some blood, gore and guts (or something along those lines).

Not an opium addicted cat that dresses in pink.

Exort

Novice Member

2/15/09 3:58:09 AM#75

I live in nevada, and because its such a gambling state its very rare to see any MMO players over 21 (obviously)

I have a group of friends, our ages are 18, 21, 19, and 24, 3 of us are guys and we are otaku's for hello kitty and lucky star. Every since the game came out in beta we've been loving it!

User Deleted
2/24/09 5:01:13 PM#76
Originally posted by kitsunegirl

Ah yes, thank you for speaking up on behalf of "real men". lol

You can go back to your knuckle-dragging now. xD

(Im teasing btw, dont take it seriously).

Then why say it?

YOU should go back to attending to your period and improve your mood.

(i'm teasing, btw, don't take it seriously)

User Deleted
2/24/09 5:11:15 PM#77
Originally posted by Kyleran

If a game looks fun to me, I'll play it. Trouble is, this game doesn't appeal to me (look  I enjoy playing EVE, that should tell you a lot about my mindset) so I won't be playing it.

Nothing to do with my sexuality, I'm just not wired to play HKO.

Agreed. If I could beat other players to a bloody pulp, cut off their heads, skin them alive so I can have the skins for my crafting skills then yes, I'd play. I'm not wired for it either. I'm wired for violence. 

Techleo

Advanced Member

Is it over yet...

2/24/09 5:34:27 PM#78

I went through Taiwan last year and at the airport was a HKO mall. At first it bugged me. I was raised in a culture where pink means weakness and means you will not be allowed to progress. Try getting a job anywhere where I live with a pink shirt. Not only will you not get the job, your blacklisted from 20 other companies for life.

Now I arrive in Taiwan and men who seemed to love peace and joy were running around in pink outfits with no clear signs of being picked on. Simply they were excepted and even respected. By the time I was down I was in drinking some weird pink tea and eating a pink cake. FRICKING AWESOME CAKE! OH! Bubble tea! Thats what it was!

Anycase long story short I got on my jet to the philippines and its the same there. I still have 2 pink shirts I love to wear in public in the USA and bug the crap out of people. The hell do I care what they think? Hell no I dont! 

I like being peaceful I like not being judged. Albiet the bi-tranny groups in the philippines still make my head spin. Funniest thing that happened to me there was when a woman walked into the mans CR and starting to lift his dress. Now in this dudes case he looked like a female model. He was born with boobs. Talked liked a girl. Walked like one. Only dif was he pissed standing up. The attendent kept going, MISS MISS you cant be here.. until the guy turned around and had his dress up. The attnedent about feel over! We all laughed our asses off in the CR. Sigh, good times!

bbegirl

Novice Member

3/25/09 8:51:44 PM#79

Pink is cool and I've seen plenty of men wear pink dress shirts (or pink and white) and it doesn't look weird.

Interesting story, for those things Thailand is supposedly the best place to visit but it's a weird story nevertheless

bbegirl Xfire Miniprofile
  rozenblade1

Novice Member

"Your mother has cataracts."

3/26/09 6:42:49 PM#80

Okay, so I am a 23 year old guy...and in all honesty, there is no such thing as a "MAN"...
All of us guys, regardless the age, are just boys...big kids ya know.

As far as Hello Kitty goes, I'd play it...in fact, I want to play it...It looks good...guys who think they are big, strong "MEN" wont play the game, and they are the same guys who would trash on me for being a vegetarian, or for listening to My Chemical Romance...

go ahead everyone, say your worst to someone you know you'll never meet...haha!!!......real tough

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search