Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,838,301 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,220,983
MMO Magic | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:MMO Magic
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Citadel of Sorcery Forum » General Discussion » Sandbox/sand park/ themebox?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Dakirn

Advanced Member

10/15/12 12:10:19 AM#21
Originally posted by Fendel84M
Have to see how it plays out. But I worry the game will end up mostly solo on your own planet even and it will just be group content on main world. Can people choose to only play on group world as a viable option? Is there lore for this?

Seems like a waste of having a planet as big as earth as they have said.

There's plenty of lore for this and it's perfectly viable.

When you're in a group the entire world scales for the group in difficulty.  They let you take people with you on your group quest (where they can come and go as they please) or you can do specific group quests that can be postponed and resumed later by the entire group (from what they've said).

All worlds scale to who's in them and the group ones are probably going to be much more difficult and require grouping.. sounds like fun if you're into that.

Personally I'd rather come and go as I please and play with my friends for a while or on my own without being forced to do anything.  Too many years of MMO forced grouping jaded me.  I love to group but I don't want to be sitting on my arse while waiting for one.

amusedmonkey

Novice Member

10/15/12 12:47:02 AM#22
Have to see how it plays out. But I worry the game will end up mostly solo on your own planet even and it will just be group content on main world. Can people choose to only play on group world as a viable option? Is there lore for this?

Don't quote me on this but I believe there will be plenty of lore in the community worlds. You are forgetting one point, is that apart from your personal quests which you do in other reflected worlds on your own or with a small group, there is a grand story for the game as a whole, since history moves forward and events happen regardless where you play or even if you're online.. the lore will always be there and advance towards a grand climax for the whole world.

Jatar

Novice Member

Citadel of Sorcery dev team member

10/15/12 12:53:32 AM#23

I think players may be getting a little hung up on the full planet thing.  It's really much more like real life than you think.  How much of the real earth did you see today?  Or this week, or this  month?  I bet most of you were in a fairly small area of that big planet earth.

The game is like that, there is a big world out there, sure, but you will likely spend quite some time in a much smaller area, only moving onto new parts of the world now and then.

But, back to your concern about group play.  First off, even on Story RWs, you can party up with up to eight players, which is equal to or greater than many MMO games, so not 'solo'.  And when you want to work together with lots of other groups on a big objective, we offer that too.  Go to a Community world, get involved with some of the speicalized game play we offer just for multi-group cooperation.  Not good enough, then join a campaign which is kind of like a large raid.  There many types of mutigroup and multiplayer game play options for when you want that, and also smaller group epic and deep stories for when you want that, what we believe is the best of BOTH worlds.

mamildor

Apprentice Member

10/15/12 1:15:12 AM#24
I guess we'll have to wait for alpha stage of the game to see if it's a sanbox/themepark or whatever. So far i like what i hear about the game and i pladged a few bucks on kickstarter page and i hope they can get 700k for them to start alpha testing.
  Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

10/15/12 1:15:28 AM#25

kickstarter needs some help!!!!

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

10/15/12 1:40:49 AM#26
I just prefer living in a single world I guess. I don't like the idea of instance hopping. I get that you can invite people to play with you, but I like I play solo sometimes while still having an active community of players around me doing there thing as well. I don't wanna be soloing in my own planet until I feel like doing group content.

Will community planets have any room for solo players/small groups? Or is that limited to large scale content only?

Jatar

Novice Member

Citadel of Sorcery dev team member

10/15/12 9:49:16 AM#27
Nothing stops a solo player from going into a Community world, all community means is lots of players present.  The only difference is that you won't be doing the massive RPG type story quests, which would not be possible, since so much of the world is involved in such a story.  There are lots of other kinds of game play avialable there though.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search