Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,838,759 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,220,998
SilentFuture UG | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:SilentFuture UG
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Earthrise Forum » General Discussion » Earthrise re-launch: what if you already bought the first game?

10 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  1/23/13 12:39:39 AM#1

I was just going through my list of old passwords and found Earthrise. I went to the new site and my old account info didn't work. I needed to create a new account to sign up for the alpha and see if I could find out the deal for people who bought the first release at retail (me = sucker).

I couldn't find any info on the web site or the account page, though I did see one menu item entitled "veteran status" but there was no link to it yet?

Has there been any word on what the status is of people who already bought this game?

All I could find was this: http://forum.play-earthrise.com/topic/2649-earthrise-key-check-update-29-dec-2012/page-2

erinys

Novice Member

2/07/13 12:27:25 AM#2
they removed all old accounts, the fact that you bought the game in the past doenst mean anything anymore. You are treated as a new customer-to-be.
  Panther2103

Hard Core Member

2/07/13 12:29:30 AM#3
Originally posted by erinys
they removed all old accounts, the fact that you bought the game in the past doenst mean anything anymore. You are treated as a new customer-to-be.

That is a horrible way to get people to come back. On top of the fact that you wasted money originally, now you have to waste it again to hope it will be any better.

User Deleted

OP  2/07/13 9:30:19 AM#4
Originally posted by Panther2103
Originally posted by erinys

That is a horrible way to get people to come back. On top of the fact that you wasted money originally, now you have to waste it again to hope it will be any better.

Yeah, I definitely won't be "founder" this time. I have learned to wait for launch and see what happens down the road a bit. A lot of promising games coming out in 2013, but this probably isn't one of them. This is more a long shot.  

Of course, it would be great to have a sci-fi sandbox of some sort, so I wish them luck.

paxal

Novice Member

4/11/13 3:52:29 AM#5
Well i dfor one wont be spending my money on this game, having already bought the game, it may be new owners, but it is the same game, i think these gaming companies stink...
  Coman

Elite Member

4/11/13 3:59:17 AM#6
Originally posted by paxal
Well i dfor one wont be spending my money on this game, having already bought the game, it may be new owners, but it is the same game, i think these gaming companies stink...

Apperently is going to be free2play. So not sure why the company stinks...In fact I think it great that a company is willing to take a rather big risk like this with something that really does have huge potentiol. 

SupportPlayerMM

Novice Member

4/11/13 4:04:22 AM#7
This game was hyped with good graphics and was horrible... years after launch. Accept your losses on this one.
  Caldicot

Apprentice Member

Hobbes was right, Rousseau was wrong.

4/11/13 4:09:30 AM#8
Yeah, I think it's best to just forget about this mess and move on.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

Broomy

Novice Member

4/13/13 9:38:19 PM#9

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.  I do long for a scifi sandbox (other than eve) but it doesnt appear to be happening in my lifetime.  I'm not throwing away hard earned cash on this dud a second time.  If it is F2p, maybe I'll take a peek but they wont be getting my funds via a cash shop.

Current Games: Casually playing LOTRO

User Deleted

OP  4/13/13 9:43:35 PM#10
Originally posted by Broomy

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me.  I do long for a scifi sandbox (other than eve) but it doesnt appear to be happening in my lifetime.  I'm not throwing away hard earned cash on this dud a second time.  If it is F2p, maybe I'll take a peek but they wont be getting my funds via a cash shop.

I have to agree with you here. I don't like cash shops, really. I am prepared to pay a sub for a good quality game and a dev that's ready to stand behind their product and support it. Otherwise, I'm wary of games now. Too many here today, gone tomorrow.