Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,740 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,104
SilentFuture UG | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:SilentFuture UG
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Earthrise Forum » General Discussion » Looks like Earthrise is accepting beta apps for the re-release

8 posts found
  phoonzang

Novice Member

OP  12/22/12 9:03:23 PM#1
Just as the title states Earthrise is accepting beta apps.  Always wanted to try it out, but didn't want to bother because of the issue it had.  Hope it goes well as 2.0.

This whole conversation is getting weird ... Just plain weird

User Deleted
12/22/12 9:04:30 PM#2

Earthrise 2.0?  Hadn't heard of it.  I figured it was down forever.

phoonzang

Novice Member

OP  12/22/12 9:08:27 PM#3

Its called Earthrise: First Impact.  The IP got bought by another company who has been revamping and fixing th game.  I figure its probably cheaper to buy a mostly completed product wholesale then fix it, than too totally start from ground up.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/22/12 9:10:12 PM#4

Originally posted by phoonzang
Its called Earthrise: First Impact.  The IP got bought by another company who has been revamping and fixing th game.  I figure its probably cheaper to buy a mostly completed product wholesale then fix it, than too totally start from ground up.

If they could fix the game's performance issues, they might actually have something. There were a lot of people who liked the idea of the game, but it just never delivered anything.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

User Deleted
12/22/12 9:14:16 PM#5
Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by phoonzang

If they could fix the game's performance issues, they might actually have something. There were a lot of people who liked the idea of the game, but it just never delivered anything.

Agreed.  It generated a decent amount of buzz.

phoonzang

Novice Member

OP  12/22/12 9:16:39 PM#6

Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

12/22/12 9:24:01 PM#7
Nothing like the second time around. AC2, DFUW and now Earthrise all getting a second chance. I'll be checking on this one to see if they can actually pull it off this time.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

phoonzang

Novice Member

OP  12/22/12 9:27:59 PM#8
Everyone was worried about human zombie invasions, looks like it will an MMO zombie invasion instead.