Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,142 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,292,736
SilentFuture UG | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:SilentFuture UG
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Earthrise Forum » General Discussion » Earthrise shutting down today

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
63 posts found
  Connmacart

Novice Member

3/31/12 11:24:43 AM#61
Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

not surprised, MO may be next

How can you even say that, players have stating MO has never had so many players. Quarterly reports be damned.

Zorgo

Hard Core Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

3/31/12 11:28:35 AM#62
Originally posted by Arquiteto

Bulgarian developer Masthead Studios announced earlier today that they're shutting down the servers for their post-apocalyptic sandbox MMO Earthrise.

"One year after the launch of the game, we have decided to stop the Earthrise servers. Earthrise was released too early and did not meet the expectations of its fans" said Atanas Atanasov, Director of Masthead Studios. "We did our best to revive the game in 2011, but the time was not enough to keep up with the user requirements. There is a huge interest in high quality open world sandbox MMORPGs, unfortunately the big publishers do not show any interest in the genre. It is unfortunate that low budget companies like ours are trying to bring innovativeness in the already saturated MMO market. I hope that one day an independent studio will be able to release the long anticipated open world sandbox MMO, which everyone is talking about, but no one is making. We tried, but did not succeed. We would like to apologize to those who were disappointed from Earthrise and to thank everyone who supported us during the years."

The studio does mention that the planned free-to-play version for this year may still launch if any investor interest is shown, but there has been no word on this yet.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/09/earthrise-shutting-down-today/#

I think I found the crux of the problem. The correct word would be 'innovations'.

TE5LA

Novice Member

4/18/12 2:56:25 PM#63

I tried the game once using the free trial.  I thought the visuals were stunning but I couldn't get used to the very odd method of controlling combat.

Too bad.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search