Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Camelot Unchained

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,431 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,799
Ons On Soft | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/30/07)  | Pub:Outspark / gamigo AG
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Fiesta Online Forum » General Discussion » This game is a virus...

10 posts found
  Matthew12338

Novice Member

OP  3/01/08 6:31:44 AM#1

This god forsaken game gave my Dell notebook a fricking blue screen of death...THATS GONNA COST ME 300$

I beg you people not to download this...If it happened to me it can happen to you...

raamoz

Advanced Member

3/01/08 6:45:08 AM#2

so you're saying that your computer died of a bsod? sounds a little weird if you ask me. and viruses don't cause bsods, so then LotRO is a virus too then? i got a bsod when trying out the DX10 graphics.

what are your comp specs?

Matthew12338

Novice Member

OP  3/01/08 6:49:38 AM#3

It's 3:54 AM and I need to get some sleep so I'll post em later...

Well according to a dude at bestbuy I either by a new hard drive...or a new computer...-_-"

The Setup it self was the virus since it killed me labtop once I opened it...no way past it...

ShadowZERO

Novice Member

3/01/08 6:52:21 AM#4

First off, viruses almost never(and I mean getting hit by a lightning bolt rare) cause bsod.  Secondly, if your asking a guy at BEST BUY about your computer problems you are in bad shape.  I'm a better computer tech than they are.

Why don't you try formatting your hard drive and reinstalling the OS before you go wasting money on new stuff?

reploidx

Apprentice Member

4/30/08 11:47:14 PM#5

If you have Vista, then your updates for dell notebooks will give you bsod's. thats what happend to my friends comp

XImpalerX

Advanced Member

"As you think, so shall you become"

5/01/08 5:40:47 PM#6

Originally posted by Matthew12338

It's 3:54 AM and I need to get some sleep so I'll post em later...

Well according to a dude at bestbuy I either by a new hard drive...or a new computer...-_-"

The Setup it self was the virus since it killed me labtop once I opened it...no way past it...

Yea if you can still turn the computer on(what i mean by on is if you still see the BIOS POST screen where it counts your RAM etc.) I would reformat the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows. If you dont know how to do this its the best time to learn(www.google.com "reformat")

Or you can take it to best buy and pay several hundred dollars to do something that takes 2 hours on average and is so freakin easy.

ItsAlex

Novice Member

"The sad truth is that excellence makes people nervous. - Shana Alexander"

5/01/08 5:49:28 PM#7

Don't spread rumors about the game when you aren't 100% that the game affect your computer to crash(or whatever it did(blue screen of death'ed).) Since there are alot of other people playing the game that haven't got BSOD, that means that the game aren't 100% a virus. And the problem might be with directx 10.

BigJalapeno

Novice Member

Local Pharmacist

5/06/08 1:18:46 PM#8

Lol... Have you tried System Recovery in Safe Mode? Jesus help this guy

Asking a guy in BestBuy!?

That's worstthan getting a 1$ prostitute, dang man...

Format your hard drive, reinstall the OS, try to do stuff before you go and waste money, don't you think its a little stupid, thousands of people play the game, how you explain all of them not having their pc broken?

Sig by a friend of mine with the name of *Joker*

pibot

Novice Member

5/08/08 2:18:21 PM#9

I once installed drivers for an HP printer that borked my PC and forced me to reformat my hard drive.  I guess HP printers are viruses then.

User Deleted
5/08/08 2:22:08 PM#10

game = virus

"lab"top

Best buy told me..

Sounds like you're getting handed around like fresh fish at prison. Seriously dude, a blue screen of death means the OS crashed.

Restart your computer

It's a LAP top

Don't listen to anyone at best buy.

And another thing, don't listen to "geek squad" guys either, most of them are best buy guys with a shiny white shirt and tie. They know nothing.