Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | The Secret World

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,258 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,302
MindArk | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 01/30/03)  | Pub:MindArk
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Entropia Universe Forum » General Discussion » Amazing Game - Who would have thought?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
48 posts found
  User Deleted
1/20/12 7:01:54 AM#41
Originally posted by Yamota

Can the game be enjoyable with $20-30 upfront and $15 each month? If not I will pass. 

sorry wrong topic :D

To say something about it: that wouldn't fit into Entropia.

Naowut

Novice Member

1/20/12 11:38:00 AM#42

So I did as OP suggested and got myself 10$ worth of ingame money then I met a guy who bought all the mining stuff for me and took me on his Helicoper and he teached me how to mine.

Was a shit ton of fun :D Might of found my new main game! Yay lol

narfi

Novice Member

1/20/12 11:40:19 AM#43

Can the game be enjoyable with $20-30 upfront and $15 each month? If not I will pass. 

Yes it can.

I strongly recomend new players to play a day or a week for free, and then deposit what they would to buy a box off the shelf, and then each month put in what they would for a subscription.

This approach will work for most adults with atleast a simple understanding of money and economics. It will likely not work for your average 13yr old who may not be capable of budgeting or understanding risk vs reward consepts. (no offence to the young, I have met very buisness savy kids and really stupid adults, but that is still the general steriotype in my mind)

You should be able to play with that for the first year or so no problem. If you are interested in an old guide for using that budget I can try to find it for you, some things have changed since it was written but the idea is still applicable.

In my mind any game worth playing is going to cost me some, but it is only here that I have a legit means of possibly getting some of that back when im done or tired of it. (still having fun 4yrs later so not sure when thats gona happen :P )

hope that helps,

narfi

Vegetto

Novice Member

1/20/12 11:40:42 AM#44

Originally posted by psyknx
So I did as OP suggested and got myself 10$ worth of ingame money then I met a guy who bought all the mining stuff for me and took me on his Helicoper and he teached me how to mine.

Dunno why, but that makes it sound like your his toyboy :D

narfi

Novice Member

1/20/12 11:42:31 AM#45

Nice!

I hope you added him as your ingame Mentor?

That will allow you to get a full set of armor and a 4x4 truck once you graduate and will get him a random Mentor Edition item as well.

If you find someone willing to help you who is knowledgable the mentor system is a good way that the game rewards that relationship.

narfi

Naowut

Novice Member

1/20/12 11:43:44 AM#46
Originally posted by Vegetto

Dunno why, but that makes it sound like your his toyboy :D

As long as he gives me more free stuff, sure! :P

Yamota

Hard Core Member

"I fight so you don't have to."

1/20/12 12:28:56 PM#47
Originally posted by narfi

Yes it can.

I strongly recomend new players to play a day or a week for free, and then deposit what they would to buy a box off the shelf, and then each month put in what they would for a subscription.

This approach will work for most adults with atleast a simple understanding of money and economics. It will likely not work for your average 13yr old who may not be capable of budgeting or understanding risk vs reward consepts. (no offence to the young, I have met very buisness savy kids and really stupid adults, but that is still the general steriotype in my mind)

You should be able to play with that for the first year or so no problem. If you are interested in an old guide for using that budget I can try to find it for you, some things have changed since it was written but the idea is still applicable.

In my mind any game worth playing is going to cost me some, but it is only here that I have a legit means of possibly getting some of that back when im done or tired of it. (still having fun 4yrs later so not sure when thats gona happen :P )

hope that helps,

narfi

Ok thanks for the info, think I will try the game over the weekend but still not sure if I should quit my SW:TOR sub or play another month.

In any class, I will give it a shot. This game sounds like a refreshing change from your normal, casual Themeparks.

narfi

Novice Member

1/27/12 12:40:10 PM#48

Ok thanks for the info, think I will try the game over the weekend but still not sure if I should quit my SW:TOR sub or play another month.

In any class, I will give it a shot. This game sounds like a refreshing change from your normal, casual Themeparks.

Curious if you tried it and what your inital impressions were, and if you needed any help or not.

narfi

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search