PlaneShift is an in-development 3D fantasy MMORPG by Luca Pancallo and the Atomic Blue team. The action takes place in a huge kingdom set many levels underground in a deep cavern, with several races, mounts, many quests, and lots of terrain to explore (the cavern is divided into levels).
PlaneShift will be entirely free, without any premium features, and is open-source. Anyone can develop parts of the game themselves or even volunteer to contribute to overall development. A working tech demo version is playable via download from the official site and already has several hundred players.
- Twelve Races | Choose from twelve different races, like the Ylian, Dermorian, Nolthrir, Kran, Klyros, Enkidukai, Ynnwn, Stonehammer, and Lemur.
- Character Paths or Custom Character Creation | Pick from the six character paths of Street Warrior, Enchanter, Fighting Monk, Warlock, Knight, and Rogue, or create a custom character with several additional aspects to choose from.
- Magic System | Utilize Planeshift's original magic system with six Ways of magic and hundreds of spells.
- Large Game Worlds | Explore large game worlds with a variety of quests to accomplish.
- Player Housing and Systems | Build your own house or castle and participate in the in-game politics and economy.