Trending Games | Wizard101 | Continent of the Ninth Seal | Magerealm | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,995,931 Users Online:0
Games:836  Posts:6,460,605
Paragon Studios
MMORPG | Setting:Super-Hero | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 04/27/04)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC Mac | Out of date info? Let us know!

City of Heroes Forum » Game Suggestions » Coh/Cov and where they went wrong

2 posts found
  darkspawn90

Novice Member

OP  12/20/10 8:53:23 AM#1

Heroes is bright and colourful, they rush out in spandex. There capes flowing behind them as they save the day, NCSofts villainous answer to this was to make the world of villains dull and grey. WHY !!! I was always under the impression heroes and villains populated the same world, but had very different ideas about how best to use there super powers and this is where they went wrong, villains for all intent a purpose was just heroes repackaged when it could have been so much more.

Half the problem if that its aimed at kids, even though there is a mature playing community with it. Villains just are not evil enough, you can't kill people or even really kidnap them and theres no real sense of anything to fear from the heroes on the other side.

Someone said bring in finishing moves, I say why not - Have heroes pin villains to the floor and hand cuff them, have villains taken to hightech prisons they have to escape from, have villains kill people and blow things up. Why not make them affect each other, have a solo heroes enter a solo villain mission and try to stop him on a strict time limit. Or have targets that both sides want and its a race on who gets there first. There's a whole world of things they could do, but just make them different for the side you choose and then it might survive the influx of games to the field like DC -Online.

Thats it rant over.........

User Deleted
12/20/10 8:58:16 AM#2
Originally posted by darkspawn90

Heroes is bright and colourful, they rush out in spandex. There capes flowing behind them as they save the day, NCSofts villainous answer to this was to make the world of villains dull and grey. WHY !!! I was always under the impression heroes and villains populated the same world, but had very different ideas about how best to use there super powers and this is where they went wrong, villains for all intent a purpose was just heroes repackaged when it could have been so much more.

Half the problem if that its aimed at kids, even though there is a mature playing community with it. Villains just are not evil enough, you can't kill people or even really kidnap them and theres no real sense of anything to fear from the heroes on the other side.

Someone said bring in finishing moves, I say why not - Have heroes pin villains to the floor and hand cuff them, have villains taken to hightech prisons they have to escape from, have villains kill people and blow things up. Why not make them affect each other, have a solo heroes enter a solo villain mission and try to stop him on a strict time limit. Or have targets that both sides want and its a race on who gets there first. There's a whole world of things they could do, but just make them different for the side you choose and then it might survive the influx of games to the field like DC -Online.

Thats it rant over.........

As a former COH player I can say while the things you mention may add to the sense of adventure this game brings I don't see how the things you mentioned would make a difference with DCUO on the way.