Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,858,713 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,920
L and K Logic | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 2010)  | Pub:OGPlanet
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Red Stone Forum » General Discussion » Redstone = I want that 15 Minutes of my life back with Interest!!!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
26 posts found
  Necroscope84

Advanced Member

OP  9/01/07 4:03:48 PM#1

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it.  It was painful.  I'm not the kind of person who cares about graphics but in this day and age dos type graphics for a mmo just arent' acceptable to me.  The gameplay was worse than the graphics and the sound was like listening to a wasp stinging me in the insides of my ear drums.  Heck, even this post isn't worth talking about the game. It's just that bad.  Why did I type this? I don't know.  I stubbed my toe on my Mr. Bear and hit my head on a piece of furniture and it drove me a bit batty.  But no matter. Please do not play this game.  It's that bad.  Actually it's worse and I feel so bad for the poor team of of kiddies from the Dos Front that they tied to some chairs and forced into making this garbage.  Barbara Streisand, grrrrrrr. 

tigris67

Guide

"You know what happened to the man that got everything he ever wanted? He lived happily ever after"

9/01/07 4:25:52 PM#2

Haha, Humorous review there. Sorry you had to go through that but the game didn't seem all too great from what I saw. I don't dismiss games with poor graphics either by the way,  heck I played dragon raja for a year which probably has worse graphics than that. But still, I will heed your warning.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

badgerbadger

Novice Member

"Ooops...Just another backseat-developer..."

9/01/07 4:29:15 PM#3

The net enjoyment caused by your review is now greater - barely - than the pain and suffering caused by your experience....

The balance has been restored to the universe..... OM.

Thanx!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCTXGW3sxQ

bonobotheory

Novice Member

Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.

9/01/07 5:39:12 PM#4
Originally posted by medweasel

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it. 

What the hell is a scorpion duck?

ianubisi

Novice Member

E: 86% A: 60%
S: 46% K: 6%

9/01/07 6:51:13 PM#5

My bill for the time it took me to read this worthless rant will be sent to you.

Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

9/01/07 7:38:16 PM#6

Originally posted by bonobotheory

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it. 

It's either a Scorpion with a Duck's bill or a Duck with a Scorpion's tail or maybe, just maybe he was referring to Duct Tape? You decide.

As for the game I will certainly steer clear of it as from what I've seen on the game's website and from what I've heard on the forums it seems like a total dud.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

Soultwister

Apprentice Member

9/01/07 7:39:19 PM#7
Originally posted by ianubisi

My bill for the time it took me to read this worthless rant will be sent to you.

actually if you had tried the game in question, you would understand the OP completely. I also tried this game, today as a matter of fact and although I refrain from ducktaping scorpions to sticks I may superglue one. yes, the games that bad!

Meltdown

Advanced Member

9/01/07 8:23:52 PM#8

Originally posted by Soultwister

actually if you had tried the game in question, you would understand the OP completely. I also tried this game, today as a matter of fact and although I refrain from ducktaping scorpions to sticks I may superglue one. yes, the games that bad!

I've been playing Redstone off and on now for a little less than a month now and would have to go with the "worthless rant" remark.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

Necroscope84

Advanced Member

OP  9/02/07 11:15:52 AM#9

Actually I was referring to Duct tape. The hit to my head caused by said Mr. Bear drove me ducky so I guess things got a little jarbled in my rant.  Although a Duck Scorpion does sound quit appealing.  /em breaks out his home gene splicing kit and goes to work.  But regardless of my horrible spelling and time wasting posts, please do refrain from trying this game.  If not then I will send my Mr. Bear to your house with a Stick so he can beat you silly.  And yes, the stick will have a scorpion duct taped to it.  Let's all sing along... "I'm going quackers, quack quack quack, and you can come along.......

Yes, it's a real song, sung by Donald Duck, I had it on some record as a kid and I have never been able to get that song out of my head.  Although, if you sing it really loud at a mental institution they'll give you the good blue pills.....fun times

Red Stone = and   

- that's me, omg the likeness is uncanny. I'm suing.

User Deleted
9/03/07 4:58:38 PM#10

I totaly agree with you. 

Xicus

Novice Member

9/20/07 4:08:52 AM#11

It's crap because it was made by K2 Network a easily hacked company.

There also easily persuaded.

ThunD2

Novice Member

9/30/07 1:18:45 PM#12

Don't know alot about this game so don't get ofended with what I'll say:

It's a remade version of D2 , or looks like it.

xnellakx

Novice Member

10/07/07 3:54:09 AM#13

Haha, yea, reminds me of D2 aswell.  But yea, I looked at screenies and thought to myself. (I will never...ever...play this game) x.x

Smithm001

Novice Member

10/07/07 4:01:30 AM#14
Originally posted by bonobotheory

Haven't you ever heard of a scorpion duck?  It's half scorpion and half duck and they live in the desert and only come out at night.  I think Al Gore is going to be warning us about this creature pretty soon.  I think he's making a movie right now.

Do you believe in scorpion ducks?

Yes
No
What?
(login to vote)
  MaNiaGG

Novice Member

10/15/07 12:33:18 PM#15

Lol, nice review, thanks for sharing ;D

uberpwnzer

Novice Member

10/19/07 10:54:04 PM#16

I saw a game in open beta called Redstone being advertised here on mmorpg.com and thought I'd check it out. I went to their site, read some stuff and it sounded really neat.  So I downloaded the game and signed up and all that jazz then I started playing and well......I'd rather gouge my eyes with a pointed stick that has a scorpion duck taped to it.  It was painful.  I'm not the kind of person who cares about graphics but in this day and age dos type graphics for a mmo just arent' acceptable to me.  The gameplay was worse than the graphics and the sound was like listening to a wasp stinging me in the insides of my ear drums.  Heck, even this post isn't worth talking about the game. It's just that bad.  Why did I type this? I don't know.  I stubbed my toe on my Mr. Bear and hit my head on a piece of furniture and it drove me a bit batty.  But no matter. Please do not play this game.  It's that bad.  Actually it's worse and I feel so bad for the poor team of of kiddies from the Dos Front that they tied to some chairs and forced into making this garbage.  Barbara Streisand, grrrrrrr. 

He doesn't ,mean scoprion duck he means a scorpion ducktaped to a stick

bowming Xfire Miniprofile
  User Deleted
10/26/07 6:37:02 AM#17

Redstone would have been good.....in 1996. And everything K2 is crap.

Boppingub

Novice Member

12/16/07 6:06:44 PM#18

THAT WOULD BE DUCT TAPE, NOT DUCK TAPE. THEY STOPPED MAKING TAPE OUT OF DUCKS BACK IN THE 1930'S AFTER THE GREAT DUCK RIOTS OF CHICAGO.

boognish75

Novice Member

People take mmo''s way to seriously

12/16/07 6:12:31 PM#19
Originally posted by uberpwnzer

He doesn't ,mean scoprion duck he means a scorpion ducktaped to a stick

What the hell is ducktape? Is it to silence that aflackkkk duck?

playing eq2 and two worlds

User Deleted
12/19/07 2:08:26 AM#20

This entire thread is absolutely priceless! I haven't laughed this much over a rant in quite a while! The strangest bit of all of this hilarity is that I now MUST download and attempt to play this game just to experience the mindbending, sanity ripping horror that has been described!

ps: If I start seeing duckbilled scorpions duct taped to sticks crawling around my head trying to sting me in the ears as a result of playing this... I'm definitely gonna go for the nice blue pills that were recommended

Thanks for the laughs! See ya's in the funny farm

2 Pages 1 2 » Search