Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,827 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,646
Perfect World Beijing | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/02/08)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Perfect World Forum » General Discussion » The truth about PWI (pros and cons without raging).

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Faelsun

Novice Member

11/17/11 8:27:05 PM#21

Thanks for the post, was looking for something to play since I have not really played much since I retired from WOW before Cataclysm, and since WOD is gonna be a few years I guess I need to blow steam somewhere. Also some of your negatives are positives to me, I absoluetely love gank wars being in them, victimized by them and doing them. The talent trees look .. meh decent but better than the garbage wow is using now. The only thing the game really doesn't have is inhuman races.

nak08

Novice Member

11/18/11 2:29:32 AM#22

PWI does have inhuman races....or races that aren't human xD

Barbarians and Venos are the farthest thing from human lol

I also forgot to mention I did get to participate in a territory war in my server against Nefarius. We got ganked...really bad...but it was fun.

joosii

Novice Member

11/18/11 2:56:15 PM#23

The old PWI was fun -- before all the CSing of end-of-game gear. before all the 5 aps nonsense, before all the power leveling. Only remnants of the old PWI are left, which is why the game is no fun anymore, and broken beyond repair. Sometimes when i think about the game it once was, i get sad. It WAS so much fun.

If you wanna play PWI to make a beautifully customized character, give it a try. It is completely unparalleled in any other game. But don't expect to have squads for your daily cave runs, or much else, until around level 60-70. Then ur gonna have to pull out your cash to continue (including all that beautiful fashion he's talking about). Cuz you won't really be able to farm any good gear without your wallet. Fifty bucks is about right for a level 70 character. $5000 is about right to get a middle-of-the-road character at level 100.

You only have to PK a couple times to realize you're gonna need money -- lots of it.

Oh yeah -- and act like an ass and you'll fit right in.

Luminatti

Novice Member

3/23/12 8:54:05 AM#24

I just wanted to compliment the OP on a very nicely written personal overview.  I am looking for a new game and I always rule out posts when people are completely biased for or against a game... I have yet to experience a game where everything was perfect or everything was bad.  You have encouraged me to revisit my attempts to install this game and try it out (having major issues with PMB not being able to run).  Also, a thank you to others who have chimed in with their thoughts and opinions without raging or fanboy-ing.

I really want to get a look at this game firsthand!

damadboy

Apprentice Member

3/31/12 11:59:18 AM#25

If anyone out there is looking for a good balanced version of PWi before it made all the new races. Then search Triallion PW on google. I've heard many people talk about how the new classes are over powered and render the old classes practically useless. That is the reason I will never like the new classes. also I think 5aps is way too much for any class, a maximum of 3.33 is more than enough. 

korat102

Apprentice Member

Newt: We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly.

5/01/12 6:48:00 AM#26
I tried it. Looks very nice, beautiful in fact but I couldn't play the game. Lasted about five minutes then when I realised I couldn't remap the movement keys or invert the mouse Y axis I logged out, never to return. I've spent years getting used to my own way of playing and WASD and upside down meeces is no good to me. I can hardly believe a modern game doesn't allow remapping of keys...oh well...
  bpgisme

Novice Member

7/05/12 4:37:00 AM#27
Originally posted by korat102
I tried it. Looks very nice, beautiful in fact but I couldn't play the game. Lasted about five minutes then when I realised I couldn't remap the movement keys or invert the mouse Y axis I logged out, never to return. I've spent years getting used to my own way of playing and WASD and upside down meeces is no good to me. I can hardly believe a modern game doesn't allow remapping of keys...oh well...

Actually, you can change almost everything in the game.  You just have to know where to.  I am left handed and play with the number pad for movement.  I have my mouse keys switched, etc.  It can be done. 

Anyway, just wanted to say nice review to the original poster. :D

I've been playing PW since Oct 2008, anywhere from 5 to 16 hours a day.  (I'm a housewife. XD  I get chores done, then I play.)   I have lots of accounts and tons of characters across 6 servers.  Several are 100+.  It may be because my friend and I have played it for so long, but we can make new characters and get them to 30 in a few hours (with tons of interruptions) by just doing quests.  No special XP anything.  No plvling.  We just really enjoy playing the game.  It happens to be alot of fun, particularly with someone to play it with, and I learn something new every time I make a new one.    The new content for higher levels has been great too.  And recently we've seen lots of new players coming into the game again which is nice to see after so many years.  So if you haven't, try it.   It's alot of fun.  (Just make sure to turn off World Chat.  It's where the most outspoken and rude players play the loudest.)  :P 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search