Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,968 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,254
ArenaNet | Official Site
CORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/27/06)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$29.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Guild Wars Nightfall Forum » General Discussion » 5 reason on why you should play GW (if you play WOW u must read)

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
68 posts found
  Ethian

Apprentice Member

8/08/09 8:01:38 PM#61

I agree. WoW is (or was?) a great game but for those looking for a change of pace GWs is awesome. I've played all the current MMOs (including Aions beta) and I may just swtich with GWs and for GW2 to come out. I'm having a blast :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2paFdRw_U

fldash

Novice Member

8/08/09 8:09:31 PM#62

I can't wait until GW2...

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Nihilist

Advanced Member

9/03/09 9:14:21 PM#63

Absolutely love GW, played it consistently since the betas.

What keeps me coming back is that I can instantly create any class/build I want and engage in competitive pvp. I can play whatever I feel like whenever I want and have a blast.

Every other mmo I have played since DAOC has basically been 1 or 2 months to level cap then its /quit since all I can do is make an alt and go through the boring grind over and over or engage in boring zerg or no pvp.

I think most people who dislike GW simply just don't appreciate competitive skill based  pvp. All they want to do is grind forever and farm phat loot so they can impress noobs. Give that noob the same gear (ala Guild Wars) and now we have a real fight.

iLiikEgaMEz

Novice Member

1/16/10 2:57:44 PM#64

I have been playing WoW for a long time but am getting very tired of it and the bad graphics I would try out guild wars and will most likely buy it if i like it but i want to try it first so if anyone has a nightfall or factions free trial key email me at khshamu@yahoo.com 

Lydon

Apprentice Member

1/19/10 4:18:29 AM#65
Originally posted by iLiikEgaMEz

I have been playing WoW for a long time but am getting very tired of it and the bad graphics I would try out guild wars and will most likely buy it if i like it but i want to try it first so if anyone has a nightfall or factions free trial key email me at khshamu@yahoo.com 

You can get one on the Guild Wars website.

JoBrill

Novice Member

1/26/10 9:57:17 PM#66

been playing GW for a while now, .. on and off. I just tried WoW ... oh brother. i cannot believe people actually still play it. WoW is not even like 30% of what GW is like. Take in consideration the graphics too.

karat76

Apprentice Member

Greatest threat to society is letting casualties of puberty reproduce.

1/26/10 10:04:24 PM#67

Wife and I have played both GW and WoW as well as many other mmos. I never understood what what great about guild wars. I just couldn't get into it too much instancing and now wow pretty much lets you port instantly to dungeons. Maybe I'm old fashion but I at least like to be able to explore the world.

iLiikEgaMEz

Novice Member

10/02/11 3:47:33 PM#68

At the Guild Wars website there is only a free trial for the "Prophecies" Guild Wars, I would like to have a Nightfall guild wars free trial key, I no longer need the Factions key, because I bought that expansion over a year ago. So anyone that still has a free trial key for Nightfall please send me an e-mail at 

"khshamu@yahoo.com"    ( Please confirm in this thread or in a private message if you send me one so I can check, thanks!)

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search