Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,842,828 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,395
Stainglass Llama Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Stainglass Llama Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Divergence Forum » General Discussion » (Divergence; Online) - Do you support a third indiegogo campaign? :POLL:

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
54 posts found
  Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

1/15/14 5:18:05 PM#41
Originally posted by lizardbones

It seems weird that after all this time people are suddenly interested in this project. A couple of threads and some posts in forums are the first I've ever heard of it and it really does seem to have rubbed some people the wrong way.

How is it weird or sudden? Talk only started up again when he resurfaced with his campaigns and videos, but many of us have been around for the previous episodes of EthanC and Divergence, both here and on the various game engine forums over the past... is it eight years now? 

With his resurface, he put a real neat star on the blackboard next to his name by coming here to call our community a cesspool and ask for our money in the same post. Lately, he's been in trainwreck mode, and when have we EVER turned a blind eye to those? 

It's business as usual.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

DamonVile

Elite Member

1/15/14 5:24:24 PM#42
Originally posted by Loktofeit

It seems weird that after all this time people are suddenly interested in this project. A couple of threads and some posts in forums are the first I've ever heard of it and it really does seem to have rubbed some people the wrong way.

How is it weird or sudden? Talk only started up again when he resurfaced with his campaigns and videos, but many of us have been around for the previous episodes of EthanC and Divergence, both here and on the various game engine forums over the past... is it eight years now? 

With his resurface, he put a real neat star on the blackboard next to his name by coming here to call our community a cesspool and ask for our money in the same post. Lately, he's been in trainwreck mode, and when have we EVER turned a blind eye to those? 

It's business as usual.

The asking us for money is out of line but the cesspool was pretty spot on don't you think ?

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

1/15/14 5:30:47 PM#43
Originally posted by DamonVile

It's business as usual.

The asking us for money is out of line but the cesspool was pretty spot on don't you think ?

But it's OUR CESSPOOL, you vile Damonperson!!!11ELEVENTY

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fovoroth

DocBrody

Advanced Member

1/15/14 5:39:15 PM#44

yes I'm going to back this again

this gane has a ridiculous budget and still looks great to me

give this guy 1% of Star Citizen budget and the game is probably finished in 3 months

Torcip

Advanced Member

1/15/14 8:34:57 PM#45
Originally posted by DocBrody

give this guy 1% of Star Citizen budget and the game is probably finished in 3 months

I promise you, it won't. He'll just disappear then come back 3 years from now like he did the last 3 times he tried this.

darker70

Novice Member

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

1/15/14 8:46:01 PM#46
Backed Indiegogo 1,I think but getting doubts not to bothered 10 dollars in sterling is bugger all,but after this his detractors will multiply if we don't get something solid regarding Divergence and it's progress.

Jacxolope

Novice Member

1/16/14 12:33:09 AM#47
Originally posted by Torcip
Originally posted by DocBrody

I promise you, it won't. He'll just disappear then come back 3 years from now like he did the last 3 times he tried this.

Exactly.

I am in awe at anyone who looked into this and is actually defending this guy. Even his entire MOD team quit and expressed 'no confidence' and his Administrator actually posted on the forum that he CANNOT GET AHOLD OF ETHAN... He then also quit.  http://www.divergence-online.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=430

From the link:

So for a long time I've been really loosing faith in what is going on around here. I know we want to all believe but now that even the TS is down and no one has really heard a thing from the devs it's starting to get too much.

I am going to attempt my last time of trying to help communications get a bit more common around here between us and the devs and see if anything comes of it. Also to see if they will let us see what is going on with the game because it's been over a month since we last heard and even more so since we've seen anything new.

I know these words are harsh but it needs to be heard. If no communication is successful I will be resigning my position as I am no longer able to carry it out in the way it needs to be. The position of admin thus far has become pointless. 

I am sorry to those that this post disheartens and that is why I will do my best to make this attempt work.

-Helios

-This guys pattern is to have a crowdfunding event, get the money  and then disappear. 

Anyhow, the people attacking the OP are either not understanding the History here or just the same type of people who will defend the indefensible just to do it (I can respect that.) but no rational person who checks this out and does not already have money "invested" in this game could possibly come to the conclusion that things are on "the up and up..."

But again. You people bring me great entertainment. So long as its not MY money being used- PLEASE donate MOAR.

EDIT- I will also say that reading the forums over there I have no doubt he had some very smart , very cool people supporting him. This guy  Herko Kerghans should have been the community Manager. These people were keeping the forum alive (about 5-6 people) and volenteering their time and their money and had the patience of the Pope... Even their patience is out.

Retired

Advanced Member

1/18/14 11:50:00 AM#48
VAPORWARE, just as it was 5 years ago, and the vapor resurfaced to milk crowd funding sites. Stay far away from this one, the developer isn't capable and is in denial. 3rd campaign with nothing to show from the first two. He simply keeps re exporting his tired artwork into multiple engines and runs around a non functioning world with zero gameplay intact.
  ApollosWill

Novice Member

1/18/14 5:10:36 PM#49

My good man, Rigitdog,

You had me on the first post. Didn't know about the game, but for some reason I came to this thread (probably just clicked a random post from recent activities).

You fulfilled you initial intention, to advice anyone to not back up this project. I read your post, and decided that, this game, should stay hidden from my radar.

But than you continued....

I don't post normally. I lurk, I read, I used this amazing site to gather information and opinions regarding games. I often see something I don't agree with, but I let it rest.

But I just can't seem to do it with this. Maybe because I got some good advice in the start, and feel the need to give you some.

Stop while you are ahead.

One post was enough. Now, you just look like a media whore, that got a bit of positive attention and just can't stop yourself, to take this Ethan person down.

As someone else, very elegant said, this have become your personal crusade. No longer to advice people to not put money in to a potential failed project, but actually to make that project and the main developer look really, really horrible. And the only reason I can find for you to do that, is for a bit of attention or that Ethan have hurt you on some personal level.

I know, I'm not going to stop you. I also know, you so delinquent is going to call me an idiot, or tell me, I'm not adding anything to this thread.

Mate, gotta tell you, you have neither added anything of value beyond your first posts (and calling anyone that disagree with your opinion; idiots, add no other value, that showing what kind of person you are).

Take your own advice, log off and take a vacation, and perhaps your agenda can still be reached.

*sitting back in the chair to lurk and observe; using more time wondering why I even bothered posting, than caring about whatever insults is going to be thrown in my direction*

polySurface

Advanced Member

1/18/14 9:24:53 PM#50
Originally posted by Retired
VAPORWARE, just as it was 5 years ago, and the vapor resurfaced to milk crowd funding sites. Stay far away from this one, the developer isn't capable and is in denial. 3rd campaign with nothing to show from the first two. He simply keeps re exporting his tired artwork into multiple engines and runs around a non functioning world with zero gameplay intact.

Hit the nail on the head. Now he has the added bonus of the unity asset store, going to be fun to see how the new weather system UniStorm holds up server side. 

Feydikan sums up Divergence Online development.
"OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

Dakeru

Hard Core Member

1/19/14 1:37:57 AM#51

So many years - 3 crowd funding campaigns - and nothing to show.

Vaporware at its finest.

Having said so I find it a real shame that this thread  started out as a good warning and turned into an idiotic gif thread.

This isn't 4chan - keep that filth off the forum.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

1/19/14 8:29:34 AM#52

It's business as usual.

I missed the post where he called these forums a cesspool and then asked for money.  Pretty cheeky.  Kind of sorry I missed it now.  But that answers my question.  I couldn't figure out why we were paying attention to him in particular, among all the other trainwrecks and potential trainwrecks there are to watch.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

Hatefull

Hard Core Member

Your tears make my gun work better.

1/19/14 8:40:43 AM#53

Originally posted by Torgir Your dedication to publicly humiliate the guy sure is...impressive. What's next, "Failures in the Game Industry: Ethan's Story"? In your own words: I find his crusade admirable, but just overall foolish.
Yeah I don't have much faith in this game ever getting made but couldn't help thinking the same thing "reading" all this.

yeah OP has some sort of Vendetta against the guy. Looks a lot like love scorned to me, dunno, sort of a weird interwebs bromance gone wrong thing.

The game will never happen, that is obvious, but this crap is way silly.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

DamonVile

Elite Member

1/19/14 11:57:33 AM#54
Originally posted by Hatefull

Originally posted by Torgir Your dedication to publicly humiliate the guy sure is...impressive. What's next, "Failures in the Game Industry: Ethan's Story"? In your own words: I find his crusade admirable, but just overall foolish.
Yeah I don't have much faith in this game ever getting made but couldn't help thinking the same thing "reading" all this.

yeah OP has some sort of Vendetta against the guy. Looks a lot like love scorned to me, dunno, sort of a weird interwebs bromance gone wrong thing.

The game will never happen, that is obvious, but this crap is way silly.

If I was a meaner person I'd probably notice how easy it is to hurt his or her feelings and laugh about the long rants that follow these comments...but I'm not so....

But they are right to a point about the game. It will never get made in our lifetime.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search