Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,678 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,031
Stainglass Llama Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Stainglass Llama Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Divergence Forum » General Discussion » what's all this then?

7 posts found
  rpgcloud

Novice Member

OP  9/05/13 6:45:15 PM#1

What's going on with the main website? It's been down for ages, now i see it come up for sale by a company called bodis?

Were SGL just leasing divergenceonline.com or did they forget to renew the domain?

Fraden

Novice Member

Why am I even typing this?

9/05/13 6:47:54 PM#2

New website is http://divergence-online.wix.com/divergence-online

I'm not trying to be a dick but if you do a google search "Divergence Website" it's literally the first result. Not to mention going to the forums, or on the teamspeak, or on the kickstarter comments. 

(It sucks you dont wanna see it)

rpgcloud

Novice Member

OP  9/05/13 6:58:55 PM#3
Originally posted by Fraden

I'm not trying to be a dick but if you do a google search "Divergence Website" it's literally the first result. Not to mention going to the forums, or on the teamspeak, or on the kickstarter comments. 

well to be fair, how many people would type "divergence website" instead of typing "divergence online"?

the latter being the one that would give you divergenceonline.com as the top ranked on google. The website was on divergenceonline.com, now it isn't, I wasn't asking where the "new" site is, I was asking where the site went from divergenceonline.com considering it is the TLD and where most people will go first.

Dracus

Novice Member

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Brian Littrell

9/05/13 10:53:01 PM#4

I believe it went expired and then quickly bought by someone.

Otherwise, just divergence-online without the .wix works.

On a final gesture of good well, here is just a small token of a recommendation.

"Online" is overused anyways, drop Divergence Online and go with...

Yes, its available (as of the time of this post)...

Divergence Universe

For the record, I am glad that the KS succeeded...  I can always count on there will always be drama.  The KS proved that as well.  Anyways, off I go and ...  but for those people who got suckered into Greed Monger, oh well.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Fraden

Novice Member

9/07/13 12:08:10 PM#5

Originally posted by rpgcloud

well to be fair, how many people would type "divergence website" instead of typing "divergence online"?

the latter being the one that would give you divergenceonline.com as the top ranked on google. The website was on divergenceonline.com, now it isn't, I wasn't asking where the "new" site is, I was asking where the site went from divergenceonline.com considering it is the TLD and where most people will go first.

Well to say more, it's been posted all over these forums as well, many times.

Originally posted by Dracus

I believe it went expired and then quickly bought by someone.

Otherwise, just divergence-online without the .wix works.

On a final gesture of good well, here is just a small token of a recommendation.

"Online" is overused anyways, drop Divergence Online and go with...

Yes, its available (as of the time of this post)...

Divergence Universe

For the record, I am glad that the KS succeeded...  I can always count on there will always be drama.  The KS proved that as well.  Anyways, off I go and ...  but for those people who got suckered into Greed Monger, oh well.

Someone bought it for $4,500 (I have no clue why) and so he decided there are more important things to spend money on.

As well as the game allows you to connect with other people so technically it is Online.

I'm glad you like the fact it succeeded, the reason for drama well unfortunately Ethan isn't a very sociable type, doesn't mean he's a bad guy, but he doesn't communicate very well with people. But to say we got suckered is going a bit far.

Sure a lot of the stuff shown is thanks to Inesis, but as well a lot of stuff shown is not from Inesis, they went through a lot of hell fixing it up to the way they like to make it work the way it does now. On top of that, the project has quite a few legitimate programmers now, where as before (from what I understand) the previous ones were making mistakes and had bad habits (not leaving comments, messy code).

So I can say things are looking up, and expect to see something come of it. Lets try not to pour more gas on the fire, at the very least there has been progress.

Dracus

Novice Member

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Brian Littrell

9/07/13 2:55:36 PM#6

But to say we got suckered is going a bit far.

You misunderstood me, appears you do not know of Greed Monger.  That is ok, best you do not know of it.  I do not believe it will recover from its botched PR campaign, to put it politely.

Now that is cleared up, I think I can be at peace... for awhile.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Fraden

Novice Member

9/07/13 4:18:40 PM#7
Originally posted by Dracus

But to say we got suckered is going a bit far.

You misunderstood me, appears you do not know of Greed Monger.  That is ok, best you do not know of it.  I do not believe it will recover from its botched PR campaign, to put it politely.

Now that is cleared up, I think I can be at peace... for awhile.

Sorry it appears I completely misunderstood your post. I too agree "Online" is overused. Universe sounds nice, maybe I'll suggest that to Ethan himself.