Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,912 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,774
Stainglass Llama Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Stainglass Llama Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Divergence Forum » General Discussion » Why this game will never happen:

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
50 posts found
  Herko

Advanced Member

What can change the nature of a man?

7/28/13 6:53:18 AM#41
Originally posted by jimdandy26
Originally posted by Herko

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

Still circumstantial evidence, but quite recent.

Yep, looks like more smoke and mirrors, like the photoshopped pics he posted to this site initially 8 years ago. For a community alpha test where is the thread exclaiming how awesome it was? Where is the actual community?

Well... apparently, you´ll have the chance to check by yourself! :)

Alpha test 8pm PST tonight. Check details in this thread.

BTW, those are the game´s forums. There you may find the community you are looking for.

Kraken999

Apprentice Member

8/12/13 9:18:49 PM#42
Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
To me Divergence is nothing more than vaporware or in my eyes a scam. I don't believe people will ever truly see this project be released. It just sounds too good to be true and I question why they've had an increasingly hard time to find investors for a project that's nearly finished. Divergence reeks just as bad as the whole Warmonger drama that recently came to pass a few months ago.

You know you kind of look like an idiot making these claims when there are tons of people running around in the game every night and actually having a ton of fun.  Instead of making statements that are totally false why don't you go the divergence website, download the client, and hop in the game which is usually about 12 midnight est because the development team is on the west coast.  Too bad a mod cant come in and take off all the slanderous posts but this site is notorious for trolls.

polySurface

Apprentice Member

8/13/13 3:02:37 AM#43
let me know when the pew pew starts!

Feydikan sums up Divergence Online development.
"OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

jimdandy26

Apprentice Member

8/13/13 10:17:58 PM#44
Originally posted by Kraken999

You know you kind of look like an idiot making these claims when there are tons of people running around in the game every night and actually having a ton of fun.  Instead of making statements that are totally false why don't you go the divergence website, download the client, and hop in the game which is usually about 12 midnight est because the development team is on the west coast.  Too bad a mod cant come in and take off all the slanderous posts but this site is notorious for trolls.

Totally false? Based on what exactly? The game is far from any sort of playable state. There is plenty of evidence than this will crash and burn the same way it has the 2 previous times. You know when he had forums, and was taking money, and was running the circuit of building hype only to state "oops, ran out of cash, i'll keep cracking away at it, thanks for the support!" before closing down the servers and all but disappearing. Christ, have you even read the thread? Not to mention the many similar threads like it on this very forum?

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Herko

Advanced Member

What can change the nature of a man?

8/13/13 11:38:18 PM#45

C´mon, guys... no need to feed the flames! :)

The game is in pre-Alpha; Ethan himself recognizes that much. The only working feature is building; yet what you can do right now is, as far as I know, unheard of in any other MMO as of yet. It won´t remain as such for long, of course; MMO studios seem to have realized that Minecraft-style block building is the way to go and even EQN is aiming for that. Still, you can do it right now in D:O with its pre-Alpha build.

AFAIK, basic combat is the next step. Not sure how long it may take, but if the block building feature serves as comparison, Ethan should be able to get the basics in two or three months after the current campaing, assuming it´s successful. His plan, as far as I am aware, is indeed to do a couple more Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaings, in order to fund the remaining features (harvesting, crafting, etc).

polySurface

Apprentice Member

8/14/13 12:19:29 AM#46

Today we have  pre purchased code developed by the very talented Grzegorz Slazinski's "Ineisis Online" project available to all from his online store at a bargain price. 

"OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

Fraden

Novice Member

Why am I even typing this?

8/16/13 7:37:01 PM#47

No doubt there is drama in this game's history, but that shouldn't let people forgot things can change.

Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't but I don't see a need for you guys to flame each other or the game itself. If you think it's a flop fine, if you think it will work fine. It's childish of any of you to try and get at each other because you hold different opinions, it's a game in the end. If someone throws money at it and it flops it's NO different than someone investing in a stock because the company claims they will work their hardest to be a success and it crashes.

How about lets comment on the footage that's been released, and those nay-sayers why not put on here what exactly you would like to see in order to be a believer? 

It could flop it could succeed, I'm not on either side but I am against pointless arguments that get in the way of any sort of real progress.

(It sucks you dont wanna see it)

polySurface

Apprentice Member

8/16/13 10:45:33 PM#48
Originally posted by Fraden

How about lets comment on the footage that's been released, and those nay-sayers why not put on here what exactly you would like to see in order to be a believer?

Given Ethans “experience” in developing games I’m sure he wouldn’t go about making an Hard Core mmo with out first prototyping the combat so maybe he could showcase some of that?

He has only changed engines not programing language, so porting over form the 90% completed version shouldn’t be the palava he makes it out to be.

Fraden

Novice Member

Why am I even typing this?

8/17/13 6:46:35 PM#49
Originally posted by polySurface
Originally posted by Fraden

Given Ethans “experience” in developing games I’m sure he wouldn’t go about making an Hard Core mmo with out first prototyping the combat so maybe he could showcase some of that?

He has only changed engines not programing language, so porting over form the 90% completed version shouldn’t be the palava he makes it out to be.

Well lucky for you he polled the community asking whether they'd like them to start working on UI and Character Creation or skip that and go for making the Combat playable first. Combat one the vote.

I know it's just a pole but last time we got asked what we wanted we voted for a working alpha that we could walk into and walk around in. We got on that we could do that and build and shoot a bit in. 

So here's hoping they pull it off again (in the nice time frame they did before, which was about 3 months after the poll was closed and they decided to head for a prototype).

If they don't, IMO you have every right to call them liars or vaporware or whatever. However I think they might pull through this time.

(It sucks you dont wanna see it)

polySurface

Apprentice Member

8/17/13 7:40:58 PM#50

The guy bought the source code for the alpha for $39.99, Esenthel doesn’t sell a combat module for Ineisis online so it will be interesting.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search