Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,029 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,475
Stainglass Llama Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Stainglass Llama Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  Snakex

Novice Member

Unfortunately, killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.

OP  6/05/13 9:19:56 PM#1

I must take the time to say this and announce it publicly.

Backing Divergence and Ethan is the best way i have ever spent money on Gaming... Hands Down.

But Dont Hate... Participate. For i believe that Ethan will make the game that will allow a Niche group, of that kind, to find a True Home.

And so i end this little note on the fact that i am anticipating to play Divergence one day eagerly.

http://divergence-online.blogspot.com/

Mtibbs1989

Hard Core Member

6/05/13 9:23:57 PM#2
 Yeah, we'll find out in the end if this game is a true gem or a scam. I have my suspicions on this game. It just seems too much like a shady deal for me.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

polySurface

Apprentice Member

6/05/13 11:09:38 PM#3
This game keeps popping up in the circles I frequent for longer than I can remember. I don’t believe it’s an intentional scam, just missing the skill set to produce such a project.  You can’t expect to build and maintain a project to the scale of Divergence using freelance developers. 

Feydikan sums up Divergence Online development.
"OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

Akerbeltz

Advanced Member

6/10/13 5:06:48 AM#4

With regards to Ethan's post:

While I agree with his analysis of how the gaming industry in its urge to reach the stupidest imaginable consumer type - hence expanding its potential market base - has turned gaming from a fulfilling, worthy experience to a mindless walk through images in motion, I would prefer if he focused on actual development progress. I think we all already know how retarded current mainstream games are - see that I say games in general and not MMORPG, very especially after seeing myself how they've turned a pinnacle in city simulation - Simcity 4 - into a fisher-price, feature-free, options lacking, facebook game for distressed soccer moms and spec-ed kids.

((I pray to a God I don't believe: Please, please, don't screw Rome Total War 2 for the sake of the intellectually handicapped, McDonalds crowd, AKA casuals!!!))

Getting back to the point....

Ethan, for the sake of your credibility and our peace of mind, follow my advice and focus on the actual game features. Then, I think that choosing the "emotional weirdo" archetype is not the most fortunate, neither realistic, picture of your potential customers. No, most of us wishing for the return of the "virtual world with a high degree of interaction, feature-rich, deep" MMORPG model are just normal people that appreciatte quality in their entertainment.

Not gonna conceal that I don't like the slight messianic tone in your post either - hope it's just the result of a coffee bleeding saturday night ;)

Kind Regards

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.