Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,333 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,244,462
Stainglass Llama Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Stainglass Llama Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Divergence Forum » General Discussion » Maps and Radars/Compasses.

2 posts found
  Beilis

Novice Member

OP  5/03/13 1:20:33 AM#1

My suggestion is idk,quite the game changer for most.I suggest to not put maps or radar/mini maps anywhere in order to make the game even more EPIC least in my eyes.If the core gameplay depends on maps at some point i guess put them to be sold or least find piece by piece and have time duration.A full exploration mmo isnt exploration in my eyes if it had radar or map.I hope someday someone make mmo like that and only way  is to write it on sheet of paper or memorize it.Would be cool very for me least,puttin these easy mode maps and radars kills the whole"exploration" feature.

Put road signs for most visited places but best stuff to be "explored"  by "explorer".Getting lost and feel no sense of direction is the feature i greatly desire as i saw that first in EVE online but game there was soo hard that even with map im lost as sheep all the time.

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

5/06/13 10:34:28 PM#2

There are some ideas i don't like and imo will kill the game's success but there are other ideas i fully endorse like "NO HAND HOLDING".

If he stays true to this concept,that alone makes me happy as EVERY single game has been making hand holding worse not better.

There is a fine line however becuase this is based around apparently some Anarchy Online and some Eve,it is a sci fi game.In this type of genre,you kind of expect to perhaps see radar and maps.

So on one side you have no hand holding but onm the other it makes sense to have maps and radar,imo i would still be happier if no hand holding what so ever.A supporting reeason is becuase this game's main focus is pvp,i was turned off from COD once they started adding radar in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond