Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,606 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,327
Stainglass Llama Studios | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:Stainglass Llama Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Divergence Forum » General Discussion » support the savior of the sandbox mmo genre

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Caldrin

Hard Core Member

4/30/13 3:34:39 AM#21
Originally posted by kadepsyson

I don't think I can support a game developer who advocates burning religious buildings which is not only illegal but can kill people in real life.

lol

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

4/30/13 3:49:32 AM#22

Ah yes, another contender in the sandbox arena, complete with the obligatory 100% PVP everywhere for hardcoreness. But THIS game is not content with just being hardcore, it is going to be ultra-hardcore (one region will have "always-on" permadeath). Be the first to discover how to exploit the game mechanics so that your opponent suffers permadeath !

Having proudly proclaimed that it is appealing to the smallest possible playerbase, it then enthusiastically promises to give that tiny niche-group more gameplay, features and systems than have been implemented in any MMO ever made since UO.

But it gets even better. Not only will Divergence have more features and systems than EQ, SWG, WoW and Fallen Earth combined, but this incredible array of goodness will be developed faster than any other previous MMO, with a fraction of the workforce and a budget that would struggle to support a family of 3 in a middle-class suburb.

I love to dream and imagine all the amazing things that could be done in virtual worlds. But I'm also realistic. Dreams are fun, but they are... dreams.

Fallbreaker1

Novice Member

4/30/13 8:29:49 PM#23

Hye bucko, might want to do a bit more research before you start a parade. DO is going to have a persistant sandbox for all players with destructable terrain, destructable buildings and flora. The devs are just finishing this large element currently.

I've never heard of an MMORPG that has all of these things before.

Also, how is this anything like WoW for instance? There is no leveling system, no permanent class system, no instanced areas, (and btw pvp is going to be almost everywhere, possibly like EVE), every character can use ever item and weapon to their benefit or detriment, players don't have to side with a faction permanently. And plus when you become favouble with one faction, their enemy's will start to hate you, if you kill someone from a certain faction, that faction will start to hate you and then maybe will shoot you on site or will stop trading with you etc.

polySurface

Advanced Member

5/01/13 10:38:46 PM#24

Need to see some solid game play showcased before the next cash grab, 3rd person daisy walks don’t cut it.

Feydikan sums up Divergence Online development.
"OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

2 Pages « 1 2 Search