|1 posts found|
The grass is always greener the last place you pooped.
OP 9/12/07 11:50:31 AM#1
I am interested in a total emersion game and have been searching for "the game" for quite some time. I have played FPS and "hack and slash" games in the past, and they do not lend themselves to total emersion as much as i would like. The closest a game ever came to this was the Elder Scrolls series, which ended too fast (becaues they are not MMO's).
I dont want to kill, i do want to explore and have to use my brain to do so. I also want to meet other people in a virtual world in a role playing setting....is this game for me? maybe i can judge by the responses to a few questions:
1. I like eye-candy...how are the graphics? Are we talking EQ1 or Crytek?
2. I like exploration...are there dungeons? Are there cities? How long did it take you to see all the areas of the game?
3. I like to toggle between third person (chase cam) and first person views... Is the UI equipped to do this, or is it point-and-click?
4. How good is the support documentation?
5. Is the user interface changeable by users? can a user move screen elements from thier default positions (compass, chat windows, health meters, etc...)
6. Not that it matters too much for a game of this nature, but do you see other players while playing...are there a fair amount of people online at any given time?
I understand that most of this information can be found on thier forums, but this is a more objectional discussion platform, so i wish to get a broader response. As a constant troll of MMORPG.COM, i sometimes enjoy reading the "this game sucks" threads, but i am unable to find one flame against this game (except for the occaisional crash issue)....
Thanks in advance !