|1 posts found|
OP 6/23/06 8:48:01 AM#1
Hi there all,
This post is intended for new players who want a bit of help getting their ingame career rolling.
So when you first get ingame, you will find yourself in an apartment building overlooking the airport of the city of Deois, you can walk around in that apartment to get a better view, but to save you time trying that door cannot be opened in order to get out of that apartment and into your first vehicle ( C-2 Dasher Car ) you need to press the 1 key on your keyboard.
You may have already noticed it says this in the top right window of your player HUD, this part of the HUD is your key to interfacing with different buildings and districts of the cities and player built colonies, this menu is also used when you are doing fuel and cargo transfers.
Right then enough of that! You should now be sat in your first vehicle outside of your apartment, the best way to start yourself of, is to do the basic task of taxi driving, this will earn you only a little money whilst getting you used to the city layout, the controls and use of the player interface.
- Get the map of the city, this is located in the main site forum under general discussion, this will point out all the major buildings for you, you will be able to cross reference that with the GPS mapper in your car.
- Create a waypoint at the apartment so you know how to get back there if needs be, hopefully you havent moved yet ;) click the word waypoint on the bottom of the player HUD, then click the "unused waypoint slot" and then click activate. Then click *MARK* to mark your current location as a waypoint, then click *RENAME* and give your new waypoint the name of *apartment*. Dont overlook this step as the waypoint can be a reference point, plus its good practice.
- Now your wondering how to get your car moving? easy / and * shift gears and the arrow keys provide acceleration. It helps if you are familiar with manual transmission of course.
- Move your car a short distance at low speed away from the apartment building. Remember that top right interface menu? watch it! it should change to say *transit district* and give you a list of options. Choose option 3) curbside taxi to pick up a passenger.
- A message will appear in your ingame communication bar at the top telling you where your passenger would like to go, if you forget, look in the bottom right of your HUD and it will show 1 passenger and in brackets where he/she wants to go.
- Using your in car map and the map I told you about find your way to the building the passenger has a fare to, (They have logos on them, usually at the top) park next to the building and look for the option in the interface menu for 4) unload passenger/s press that next to the correct building, and WELL DONE! you just earnt your first 25cr... errr w00t I hear you cry... well it does get better than that, MUCH better, this is just for practice and to get you used to the game mechanics.
- BE WARNED!!!! you may not see raised curbs, they look flat dont they?! well they hurt if you hit them at speed, be careful and if your going to go off of the road drive no faster that 40km/h and you should be ok! you seriously dont think your not going to get hurt hitting a curb in RL do you?? Until a proper pay per repair and med kit system is implemented, just press SHIFT-R to repair yourself, and if you have managed to land upside down press F3. If you die you lose any money you had in your hands at the time, so I advise you get to the bank ( which has the word *FLEET* written on it in massive letters ) and open an account to store your money. ( You get 50cr free once you open your account too )
- Each of these buildings you take your passengers to, be sure to waypoint them in the way I descirbed, this will make your life sooo much easier. Remember if you want more passengers just go back to near your apartment *transit district* and repeat the step where I mentioned this.
- Park your car off the road if you must leave the game and this blocks the route for other players, this is illegal ingame and you will be tagged by any roaming cop car that finds you, other players with Trucks can then tow you away for and put you back in your apartment garage, to which they get money out of it.
Continue doing this till you are fully comfortable with the interface and control of vehicles. It is worth it, dont walk away without having tried to get further in your 14 day trial. There is much more to do than drive around in a car just ask any other player. There are also alliances ingame, some of which loan aircraft in return for work, keep that in mind.
Our esthablished playerbase members will pretty much jump up and down to provide answers for you and give you a little direction in your ingame career, we would love nothing more than to have you up in the air with us and exploring the world, we enjoy this game and would love it if you do too. You MUST ask questions, no question is a stupid question, this game is complex and there is much to be learnt, dont have a crap time because you dont know what to do, ask someone we dont bite!
See you ingame!
I have done my best with this little tutorial, if there is something I could have added, or would like to know more, dont hesitate to ask.