Trending Games | Wizard101 | Crowfall | Skyforge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,948,558 Users Online:0
Games:778  Posts:6,370,263
Aion (Aion)
NCSoft | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/22/09)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Aion Forum » General Discussion » Jaded gamer here checking in and the verdict is...

7 posts found
  killahh

Novice Member

As famous as the unknown soldier

OP  4/26/13 10:57:31 PM#1

fun game !

im so jaded nowdays when it coems to mmogs, its hard to see the forest from the trees, but i caved in , downloaded aion 4 days ago, and i am plesently suprised.

started a cleric, and mage, my chars of choice, and have had ALOT of fun playing them both, got invited to a legion , and the people in it are friendly and supportive. 

people in the game are extrememly helpful too and least on the recommended server i am on , its filled with alot of people.

course, theres bound to be problems, and frustrations, but i felt a need to say here is a game thats free to play, where you can actually have soem fun solo, in groups,  and socializing.

k , im done, tear me a new arse :)

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

4/26/13 11:05:30 PM#2

soooo... how's the game ? what did you like about the game ? other than the social aspect ?

I feel you haven't really told us anything other than " i like to socialize". Is there a particular activity or gameplay mechanic you enjoyed or...

bliss14

Hard Core Member

Ahh devil ether.

4/26/13 11:18:19 PM#3
I played for a while too recently.  The game is fine, nothing too different about it from others really.  The only thing that I actively disliked about it was the abundance of gold sellers.  I didn't like /ignoring about ten new people every time I logged on.
  killahh

Novice Member

As famous as the unknown soldier

OP  4/27/13 12:21:59 AM#4

i know what you mean,  theres really nothing that totally blows me away,  having played mmorps  for so long, but its just a well put together game in its entirety.

i guess if i could nail one thing down it would be the plethora of quests, and the titles(with bonuses)  

there are so many quests sub 22 ( im level 21 atm, and havce a full page to do still) its rather daunting ina  way , and the mix between solo and group is pretty well balanced.

course theres the regular kill this kill that stuff, but there are  a huge amount of higher level quests , that tell the backstory,  that are pretty good.

im not a reviewer, but there ya go.

ohh ya gold sellers, they were there, but the block function is quick and easy, and i didnt get much spam outside sanctum 

Gonada Dahung,over 20 years of mmorpg's and counting....Please Lord, let someone make a game that had all the awesomeness of UO, EQ and EVE...

cybertrucker

Spotlight Poster

Freeloading mooches are the scourge of the gaming community.

4/30/13 6:05:03 PM#5

So have you seen any lollipop wielding clowns with fluorescent green Afros running around, because that is what killed the game for me. When they started added retarded weapon and outfit skins it totally killed the game for me. 

Other than that I found the game fun when I played.

Sovrath

Elite Member

5/01/13 6:03:26 PM#6
Originally posted by cybertrucker

So have you seen any lollipop wielding clowns with fluorescent green Afros running around, because that is what killed the game for me. When they started added retarded weapon and outfit skins it totally killed the game for me. 

Other than that I found the game fun when I played.

yeah, that stuff hurts me too.

I just take a deep breath and repeat "it's only a dream, it's only a dream"...

Miblet

Apprentice Member

5/01/13 6:23:40 PM#7

It's not a bad game at all.  Just asking... NA or EU? as the experience is different for the 2 regions due to differing payment models and their impact.

I left whilst waiting for the 3.1 update, since I was just recycling content and fighting small PvP battles (spending more time searching for fights than fighting).