|3 posts found|
OP 12/25/12 10:55:55 AM#1
hey guys, i just wanna ask bout aion's cash shop before trying out this game.
(1) is it pay to win as in it sells upgrade scrolls to ++ ur weapon that isn't available through normal means ingame
(2) does the cs sells gears in any form, be it crafting material(which is hard to farm) to craft high end gear?
(3) are f2p players able to contribute reasonbly well in a dungeon/raid when compared to paying customers?
(4)when will i feel the squeeze to use the cash shop? eg lvl 50? lvl 60? do they limit my inventory/bank size, implement a gold cap or make my chat limited unless i pay?
Pls note that i do understand that games are not ran by charity organisation and are profit oriented. I do not mind paying(in the form of cosmetic gear/cool looking mount/weapon skins/exp pots) to show support for the devs if their cs is balanced and the game is somehow good. Thank for reading, your opinions are greatly appreciated.
12/25/12 12:39:13 PM#2
Originally posted by sadWinds
Here is the cash shop:
1) Nothing P2W. XP boosters, but I'll leveled to max without buying any, so they really aren't necessary anyways. Also you get some free booster packs every few levels, and the people who would rather have in-game currency sell them on the AH. I found in-game currency relatively easy to get. Combat stuff is found in-game .. other stuff is just to save someone time.
2) Not really. Everything is available in-game, except fluffy items, cosmetics, costumes, alternate mounts / pets, alternate furniture. See site.
3) No difference. There are cash shop items to reset dungeon lockouts, but those are also for sale on the AH (because people get them free randomly or as rewards from quests).
4) Everyone gets a standard inventory tab. Players can buy extra tabs with in-game currency. Also you can quest or buy from the AH pets which have additional bag slots. Some furniture (like cabinets) have drawers for additional slots (# of drawers depends on how big it is). Pets you take with you, Cabinets no. Everyone gets the same bank space, which can be upgraded for in-game currency. Unless it changed, I believe if you were desperate for more space you can upgrade an extra 10-15% or something from the cash-shop only (?). I never have inventory problems, because if you need more, just find more pets to carry your junk. If you run out of bank space, buy more cabinets for your home, etc.
There are no limits, no gold cap. No character limit (8 for everyone). No zone or quest restrictions.
Unless you want different armor skins, pets, or odd designer furniture for your home, the cash shop isn't even necessary to get to max level, or even to raid at end-game, etc.
It's a good system, one I wished some freemium games would have addopted.
Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)
12/25/12 12:48:00 PM#3
I absolutely hate anything F2P or with a cash shop.
That being said.....
Aion and TSW are pretty good f2p games. Nothing P2W and mostly cosmetic or extra inventory. I play both ;) So if it got someone like me playing, you should be ok with it