Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,195 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,227,134
Aion (Aion)
NCSoft | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 09/22/09)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Aion Forum » General Discussion » I am surprised how outdated the game looks ?!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
99 posts found
  Zeplini

Novice Member

4/02/12 5:26:11 AM#61

last time i tried AIon was around 8/10 months ago while i was waiting on swtor and nc gave me some free time to come back

i totally agree with the op, i played beta and bought the collectors and played for 3 months at launch but coming back after a long time away i noticed the game was no where near how good it use to look and looked very old and dated.

Playing: SWTOR
Future: Maybe Wildstar? but not EQ3 if ProSiebenSat1 is running the EU version

Kabaal

Hard Core Member

Haggis Humper

4/03/12 2:37:17 PM#62

By todays standards the game looks terible. When it released it only looked good, not fantastic, meaning it hasn't aged very well. In fact i'd say it's aged very poorly compared to others around the same time like AoC. Looking at it now it just looks like some generic Asian game from years ago, which i guess it is anyway.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Fadedbomb

Spotlight Poster

4/03/12 2:40:53 PM#63
Originally posted by korent1991
Originally posted by Lobotomist

Aion was one of the rare MMOs i didnt play in beta nor bought on launch (i guess my disillusion with MMOs started back than)

So I was happy to try it now that is F2P

Now as far as I remember the game was hyped for its beautyful graphic , but i log in - crank everything to maximum and the game looks AWFUL.

Either there is some huge problem with my PC and this specific game , or i dont know what.

But I just could not play it , it really hurts my eyes

I think you didn't set your graphic settings right... I think it looks good...

link1

link2

link3

edit: I don't have maxed out settings...

WOW, that looks absolutely attrocious. You call that GOOD? I'm sorry, but speaking from personal experience (having tried literally everything) that looks absolutely disgusting. It's like something from 2004.

Seriously, why do people think this looks good?! I don't understand!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

korent1991

Apprentice Member

4/03/12 3:13:52 PM#64
Originally posted by Fadedbomb
Originally posted by korent1991

Aion was one of the rare MMOs i didnt play in beta nor bought on launch (i guess my disillusion with MMOs started back than)

Now as far as I remember the game was hyped for its beautyful graphic , but i log in - crank everything to maximum and the game looks AWFUL.

Either there is some huge problem with my PC and this specific game , or i dont know what.

I think you didn't set your graphic settings right... I think it looks good...

link1

link2

link3

edit: I don't have maxed out settings...

WOW, that looks absolutely attrocious. You call that GOOD? I'm sorry, but speaking from personal experience (having tried literally everything) that looks absolutely disgusting. It's like something from 2004.

Seriously, why do people think this looks good?! I don't understand!

Most of the time my judgment on graphics is linked with the overal feeling which graphics, animations and textures combined give... 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
-------------------------------

Onigod

Novice Member

4/03/12 3:16:41 PM#65

Forgot the name (asmodians?) anyways the evil guys starter area is quite greyish in graphic speaking, other then that i have always thought it was beautifull.

Did you look at the bloom effect? there are 4 choises to be made and i thought the default one was HORRIBLE.

Onigod

Novice Member

4/03/12 3:17:36 PM#66
Originally posted by k1klass

last time i tried AIon was around 8/10 months ago while i was waiting on swtor and nc gave me some free time to come back

i totally agree with the op, i played beta and bought the collectors and played for 3 months at launch but coming back after a long time away i noticed the game was no where near how good it use to look and looked very old and dated.

You missed quite a few graphic updates if the last time you played it is 8/10 months ago.

Bookah

Novice Member

"you are not prepared!"

4/06/12 10:19:51 PM#67

This Game looks amazing, it should look like this (graphics oh high most advanced settings are off.) Character detail is the best i have ever seen it, you can zoom to the finset detail on players and weapons etc.

(Scroll to the side!)

TeknoBug

Novice Member

4/07/12 10:17:22 AM#68

The game (the UI) actually looks clean compared to most other MMO's, at least the UI doesn't take up half the screen and annoy me after a while like some of the other games do. As for character detail, it's actually right up there near the top.

OP needs glasses or a better PC.

DanitaKusor

Hard Core Member

4/07/12 11:10:46 PM#69

I'd agree with the OP.  I downloaded this game yesterday to try out the free-to-play but found it so ugly.  I remember it looking nice back when I first played it a long while ago now but it hasn't aged well at all. 

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Bookah

Novice Member

"you are not prepared!"

4/08/12 12:17:35 PM#70

EvilestTwin

Novice Member

4/09/12 2:47:46 AM#71

It looks pretty dated when you compare it to TERA though:

From CBT5 max settings.   If I had a better GPU I'd force AA through the control panel and get rid of the rough edges completely.

NortonGB

Novice Member

4/09/12 6:13:52 AM#72
Originally posted by EvilestTwin

It looks pretty dated when you compare it to TERA though:

From CBT5 max settings.   If I had a better GPU I'd force AA through the control panel and get rid of the rough edges completely.

That terra pic looks awefull!

Thruth is Aion still looks better than 99% of mmorpg's out there.

Sukiyaki

Hard Core Member

4/09/12 7:46:23 AM#73

I sense a lot of prejudice from ragequitter/WoWfans with their habit to use every chance smearing over Aion even calling it ignorantly "disgusting", when its graphics easily toped almost every MMORPG in the past 3 years irrelevant of taste and is one of the few games available with consistent high quality of art and design and TERA fanbois just trying to undermine Aion visual qualities flooding in here comparing it (if at all) to the top of the crop exploiting the latest/two years later available technology in the genre .

The topic pretty much lost its purpose when Aions actual graphical/design qualities arent even remotely relevant anymore to the evalutation process and "formed opinions" and almost everyone is just trying to push their personal vendetta/agenda.

slickbizzle

Apprentice Member

4/09/12 11:07:42 AM#74

I feel that the graphics are still very good.  I like that they updated them without charging me $40 and calling it an expansion pack.

ToS-Drakemor

Novice Member

4/09/12 1:31:51 PM#75

thought the graphics were not all that special on release, and now obviously there more then not all that great...

Samonjd

Novice Member

4/09/12 11:27:47 PM#76

I still think it looks awesome, it's not as great as Tera obviously but it's not as outdated as people are saying, at least not to me. Here are a few screenshots of my sorc I took a few days ago. 

http://imgur.com/a/ywwz1

EvilestTwin

Novice Member

4/18/12 6:13:55 AM#77

Some new screens of 3.0.

The game looks decent when the lighting is just right and you're not in an area with a lot of flat surfaces (need shadows to show off the new lighting engine).    The depth of field blurring is really cool, but I wish there's a way to adjust it so that it's not as strong but it applies without zooming in as much.   

Djildjamesh

Apprentice Member

4/18/12 6:28:27 AM#78

comparing these to games is like comparing apple's with oranges ...

Aion looked amazing in 2008 and is still looking rather good right now (as the pic's above me show)

Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

"I am not the light, or the darkness, but the twilight in between"

4/18/12 7:09:42 AM#79
Originally posted by Sukiyaki

I sense a lot of prejudice from ragequitter/WoWfans with their habit to use every chance smearing over Aion even calling it ignorantly "disgusting", when its graphics easily toped almost every MMORPG in the past 3 years irrelevant of taste and is one of the few games available with consistent high quality of art and design and TERA fanbois just trying to undermine Aion visual qualities flooding in here comparing it (if at all) to the top of the crop exploiting the latest/two years later available technology in the genre .

The topic pretty much lost its purpose when Aions actual graphical/design qualities arent even remotely relevant anymore to the evalutation process and "formed opinions" and almost everyone is just trying to push their personal vendetta/agenda.

We get the exact same thing over at the GW2 forums.

The community in all of Blizzards games, are full of the most hatefull people ever.

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

4/18/12 5:09:23 PM#80

The environmental textures kill the graphics.  Zones like the Abyss don't look a whole lot better than what we get out of modern-day EQ1.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search