Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,383 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,145
Disney Interactive Media Group | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 10/31/07)  | Pub:Disney Interactive Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.95
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:E10+Out of date info? Let us know!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Forum » General Discussion » why is pirates of the carribean mmo not popular? /moved

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  VincentZio

Novice Member

9/17/09 7:19:10 PM#21

The game isn't popular because it has...

1: Terrible graphics.

2: A nazi-themed chat watch program that can/WILL ban you for singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

3: A bad situation in which a fairly gritty fantasy pirate-themed movie was turned into a rated "E" game, where you massacre british soldiers via stabbing, but you can't say the word "blow, Uranus, ANY numbers at all (even typed out, etc."

4: The worst naval combat system I've ever seen, short of that horrible MMO pirate game in which little cannonballs fly at the little ships. Ugh.

5: I'm playing it right now, and I have a beastly system. I can run CoD4 with no trouble on Medium settings. This game lags me. This awful, awful game lags me.

Why do I play it? 

1: To hit on chicks that are over 18 that have a pirate obsession.

2: To troll the game relentlessly.

RudyRaccoon

Novice Member

10/25/09 7:28:33 PM#22

I think it's because it's not based on the movies, instead it's based on the theme park ride. Now just imagine if they made another Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG but this time base it on the movies with many favourite characters including Captain Jack Sparrow himself, man that would be awesome. Probably never going to happen but it doesn't hurt to dream.

Ratzox

Novice Member

lol

2/02/10 4:52:23 PM#23

When ppl start to play pirates there obbsessed but after a whie it gets boring

1. The whole gaming system is retarted and its barely based on the movies

2. the graphics suk and the lag is unbearable

3. wtf? last time i checked its called PIRATES of the carribean not, RETARDS of the carribean. The character customization is fucked up and barely makes ur avatr look like an actual pirate

4. wat the hell? wat kind of ships R these? Looks unrealistic and not much cannon action

5. the weapons r stupid, voodoo dolls- GRENADES????- VOODOO STAFF????????????????....... wtf?

6. sure its very kid friendly, but TOO kid friendly, making it TOO kid friendly makes it have no real piratey action.

7. too much bugs and too many glitches sure alot of GREAT glitches but disney er no THE PIRATES ONLINE CREW took the great ones out and ignored the ones that make the game less enjoyable.

POTCO is an ok game but the pirates online crew has to improve the quality and for the most part id rate it 3 out of 5

yessiR

Ratzox

Novice Member

lol

2/02/10 4:54:01 PM#24

i agree 

and they ban u sometimes just bc u said "you tube"

yessiR

Wildvixenn

Apprentice Member

5/23/10 5:08:31 AM#25
Originally posted by VincentZio

The game isn't popular because it has...

1: Terrible graphics.

2: A nazi-themed chat watch program that can/WILL ban you for singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

3: A bad situation in which a fairly gritty fantasy pirate-themed movie was turned into a rated "E" game, where you massacre british soldiers via stabbing, but you can't say the word "blow, Uranus, ANY numbers at all (even typed out, etc."

4: The worst naval combat system I've ever seen, short of that horrible MMO pirate game in which little cannonballs fly at the little ships. Ugh.

5: I'm playing it right now, and I have a beastly system. I can run CoD4 with no trouble on Medium settings. This game lags me. This awful, awful game lags me.

Why do I play it? 

1: To hit on chicks that are over 18 that have a pirate obsession.

2: To troll the game relentlessly.

And I'm one of those so called over 18 "chicks" who does play this game and completly disagree's

I read this thread and read all the negative info on here, about how bad this game is... so I went and tried this game out for myself, and well. I think this game is pretty good. It even has all the voice acting done by the actors and actress's of the original movie. The game is a little linear, but to the person who said it was the worst naval combat he has ever played then you sir havint played many bad MMO's as I have. The gameplay is a little clunky but it's far from a bad game. Plus on top of that there are loads of people playing this game. So to anyone saying this isnt a popular MMO really dosnt know what they are talking about. Log in and see for yourself. The world is jammed packed full of people.

And Lastly you said they banned you for singing 9 bottles of rum? You obviously must of said alot more then that, because the mods wouldn't bann you unless you were being rude or swearing in the chat, the reason why they have a strong policy is because there is childern playing this game as well. So I don't blame them for banning you if you can't act like a mature adult.

donkylol

Novice Member

5/23/10 5:17:18 AM#26

I honestly had no idea this game existed until now and when i saw the post i thought they were still makeing it or something...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search