|6 posts found|
EvE Rules #491 you should never, ever attack Russians on winter months
OP 7/21/10 1:20:51 PM#1
anyone get any info about stahe of teh game ?
i know there was a list whit how much of the game is done in % anyone get a updated version ?
8/26/10 10:31:22 PM#2
The developer took down the list because he was wasting his already limited time working on updating it instead of working on the actual game.
We are the music makers and dreamers of dreams ~Willy Wonka
12/08/10 10:42:15 AM#3
That's a shame. I can understand him wanting to devote all his time to development, but letting his fan base know where he is at even if he only does it 3 months at a time would have been nice. He has fans that have been following for 5 or more years from what I have read.
12/11/10 8:34:02 PM#4
It makes sense. I think most of the community there agrees that they would rather he spend all his time working on the game than wasting time trying to keep people up to date.
12/15/10 12:53:43 PM#5
5 years? wtf?
5 years and they only posted screen shots of "backgrounds"?
5 years and the only video show a ship flying through / making the transition from space into orbit into the planets atmosphere?
No combat, no aliens, no nothing but "backgrounds"?
The smooth transition from space into the planets is awesome.
Here's some features to help you make Infinity the BEST.
Check out Star wars Battlefront II.
See 1 reason how EVE failed? Players can not enter star bases and batleships to roam and fight.
Check out Earth and Beyond's 1st person mode.
See how you can actually see the avatar piloting the ship? Also the crafting system here!
Check out Dread Lords or Black Prophecy.
Attachment points for ship upgrades / modular ship components for upgrades.
Check out Privateer / Freelancer.
Trades and smuggling!
If Infinity can deliver on all that PLUS a spectacular space combat system (x-wing vs tie fighter? etc.) it'll be the King of all Space MMO.
Kill the mouse for piloting the ships. REAL fighter pilots use joysticks, throttle and thrusters!
Maybe I'm mistaken and this is just another "Adventure/Flight Sim" in space game...if so then my apologies and forget about my expectations.
12/15/10 11:23:00 PM#6
Originally posted by Kiknarse
1.That's 5 years of one person programming the game by himself. In his free time when he's not working at his full-time job.
2. There are no aliens in the game. At all. It's only human factions.
3. If you can wait about 10 more years, then yeah, they can add walking by the time the game gets released. You realize it would essentially add about 200% more time to develop the game, because then they would have to model characters, rig them, animate them, and THEN create interiors for everything.
4. There are hardpoints on ships, and some ships can be customized with modules. It will be possible to outfit a cargo liner with weapons, although it would be less efficient than a battleship.
5. Trade and smuggling are planned features.
6. Space combat for small fighters may be like that, but larger ships will be closer to EVE-style combat (though not exactly like it) with weapons being controlled with perhaps some buttons. Could you imagine huge warships zipping around like fighters?
7. Not everybody has joysticks. There might (emphasis on might) be joystick support but mouses will be the primary form of controlling your ship movement, at least in fighters. Larger ships may handle differently.