Version 1.3.1 of Warhammer Online is now available on the public test server. The new patch includes major tweaks to City Invasion gameplay, upgrades to Keeps including the addition of a second ramp up to the keep lord, group summoning stones, major performance improvements, and more!
City Invasion changes from the notes:
We have collapsed the invaded city states down to three states labeled Contested, Captured, and Rebuilding. City defenders are now able to access and spawn in all city states, allowing them to continue the fight even after the enemy has captured the city! Below are the details on these three states:
- Contested - During the contested phase, both Realms are fighting for control of the city. The city is open to players of Rank 30+. The contested city Scenario becomes open to players below Rank 30. Control is gained through capture of the Battlefield Objectives, killing your enemies, and through winning the city Scenario. The city Public Quest is there to direct players toward these goals.
- Captured - The attackers have captured the city! The Warlord Public Quests open, and the ruler of the city becomes vulnerable. Attackers no longer need to defeat the warlords to unlock the king encounter. Both Realms are still allowed in the city during this phase. The city PQ continues to run, with an added bonus to the defenders. Each time the defenders win the city PQ, 30 minutes is removed from the timer for this state!
- Rebuilding - The city is returning to a peaceful state.
- The time left in the current invaded city state (Contested or Captured) will now display on the map next to the city and on the city tooltip that is displayed while inside city.
- The warlord encounters are now instanced and rebalanced for 24 players. This allows multiple groups the opportunity to participate in the encounter, even if the warlord has already been defeated by another group. When a player enters these instances, their place in the contested City is released. This allows the city instances to be repopulated with new players as others leave to do the Warlord content. As a result, once a player leaves their Warlord instance, they will find themselves back at the front gate of the city.
- A zone control detail bar has been added to the cities. The functionality mirror's that of the zone control detail bar in other zones.
The full patch notes are available here!