Mythic Entertainment has posted the first installment in a new series of articles on the WAR Herald which examines the Living Guilds of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.
Over the next few weeks and leading up to launch, we plan on bringing you a new feature: Guild Highlights! To coincide with the beginning of Guild Beta, we’ll plunge you into an in-depth description of our Living Guilds system and everything that promises to make the guild experience stand far above any you’ve had so far. This week we start at the beginning with Living Guild introduction and Guild Creation.
Guilds in WAR provide an easy way for players to socialize as well as to organize themselves together to engage in large scale battles and activities. They also provide another vehicle for player and group advancement and pride.
- A Living Guild progresses in rank though the activities and exploits of its members.
- WAR provides above-and-beyond standard features like guild vaults, cloaks, and guild merchants to fulfill much more than just your run-of-the-mill communication and grouping needs.
- Guilds gain experience and ranks just like players do. At each guild rank, guilds gain rewards that benefit the individual guild members as well as the guild as a whole.
- Guilds unlock Standards, Vaults, abilities, etc. for their members as they gain ranks.
- 10 unique titles (most of which can be customized to meet the needs of the guild) to offer ease in guild management.
- Integrated guild interface where you can set up guild meetings or activities, perform guild management tasks, customize guild Standards, and choose guild rewards.
Read more here.