Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | War Thunder

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,711 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,161
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » CHAOS--A lion or a Lamb???

7 posts found
  Canyonman

Apprentice Member

OP  3/01/06 7:52:52 AM#1

Anyone that knows anything about Chaos knows the battle cry

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE of KHORN!!!! 

Well thats all good.  But Khorn guys sort of have been known to kill everyone and everything?? Even each other when there was nothing else around? So I was wondering is the Chaos realm a PK area?? Or is there lands going to be a safe area like other lands.  "Safe" areas in the lands of Chaos just dont even sound right. 

Maybe there going with the Choas undivided idea, but still Choas fight Choas as much or more than anyone.

Im a old school PK.  So id love it to be a free for all with the strongest makeing there way to the top. And when they get there they can call for a war of the other realms, and this would end all PKing in the Choas lands untill the war was over, this would work with the Orks 2.  But I know im in a very small group.     And im not asking for a PK server here. 

Just wondering how will the make Chaos feel.....chaotic.....or even dangerous.   Is it just going to be with some new Chaos skins, and some Chaos themed missions, and a dueling system? But in the end its sort of like playing Dwarfs or any other toon, just with other names??

Anyone know whats they have said about the Choas realm???

ScottElwood

Novice Member

3/01/06 8:51:32 AM#2

We know Chaos are going to follow Tzeentch, but not much more than that.

The most detailed information about the game system is in Aprils PC Gamer, which doesn't include anything too specific.

---------------------------------------------------
| www.40ksource.net - 40k MMO fansite

Sawtooth

Advanced Member

3/01/06 11:16:16 PM#3

Chaos will all be Tzeentch based? When did they release that, I must have been napping.

I figured they would go with Undivided as a nice starting point and add other forces later to compete with new races.

Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

3/04/06 5:51:14 PM#4

I also thought they would go with undivided, but he's right, they did say they would be followers of Tzeentch, and although that makes my day...(I play Tzeentch in the tabletop game)  That ruins it for alot of the many, many Khorn followers.

Albeit from me to hate on Khorn followers.......besides, any followers of Chaos, Khorn, Slannesh, Nurgle or Undivided, are just pawns of Tzeentch in the end, only to be used by the changer of ways to fit his overall means of conquest. 

ScottElwood

Novice Member

3/04/06 6:37:35 PM#5

IMO, I don't think it will be too Tzeentch influenced though.

For one, in the backstory, which is basically the only Chaos information we have gotten so far, it really doesn't build upon the Tzeentch foundation at all.

One reason that can explain the decision though is when you look at the other two races in that realm: Orcs & Goblins and Dark Elves. If you take the general stereotype of both realms, O&G are strength and Dark Elves are Missle/Swift Units. That leaves you to find a race that can focus on Magic, which Tzeentch can be.

That might have been a little streatch to say, but it's something that can explain it for now.

Sawtooth

Advanced Member

3/05/06 11:13:03 PM#6

I thought Chaos had its own realm and Dark Elves and Orcs were in a seperate one.

I have to avoid the 'why isn't my favorite race in the game' syndrome with the Chaos powers. I'm partial to Slaanesh, myself, but I really wouldn't have guessed Tzeentch would be the power they put in the game initially (I assumed it would be Undivided and Khorne...people seem to like that Khorne).

ScottElwood

Novice Member

3/06/06 1:57:56 AM#7

Initially thats what everyone assumed - since there were 6 races, and DAoC had Three realms, so the obvious thing to make from it would be 3 realms of two races.

The PC Gamer does state that there will be two realms, Order and Chaos, with the most obvious races joining each.