Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,783,729 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,353
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

7 posts found
  scaramoosh

Novice Member

OP  2/05/06 4:24:51 AM#1

So it looks liek this game is gonna be:

- Level based
- Small selection of races
- That means they wont have focused of character creation
- No fully open PVP with risk like UO.
- All light and nice
- Same old same old crappy grind quests

etc. etc.

Mythic are stupid.

1. Where are my Lizardmen as a playable race? Why can't you include more playable races?

2. Why wont there be open PVP? You say it's to let RP's but erm do what they did with WOW and shove them on a different server.

3. Why level based and not skill based like UO?

4. Why no open PVP? Warhammer Online is a game that would do open PVP better than any!

5. The game has to be dark. Warhammer isn't a nice atmosphere, it's meant to be dark and dirty.

---------------------------------------------

Don't click here...no2

ScottElwood

Novice Member

2/05/06 5:06:49 AM#2

Originally posted by scaramoosh

- Small selection of races
- That means they wont have focused of character creation

I would think the contrary. If a game had a smaller amount of races, it would mean there would be fewer models to make, and therefore more time to spend on advancing the visual characteristics. If you had a lot of races, you would be hard pressed on making an original character, let alone creating diverse physical attributes.

- All light and nice
- Same old same old crappy grind quests

Warhammer is a very serious game, and so will this be. As for the grinding part, Mythic had stated several months ago that they had 6,000 pages of quests written up. This won't be a grind game.

1. Where are my Lizardmen as a playable race? Why can't you include more playable races?

Not everyone is going to get his or her favorite race in this game. The Warhammer Fantasy Tabletop game includes 14 races, not including Chaos Dwarves, Dogs of War, etc. To add that many races to the initial start of a game would take more time and money then Mythic, and many other developers, can afford.

The Races that are in the game right now (Empire, High Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Orcs & Goblins, Chaos) are the most dominant in the game (aside from maybe Dark Elves, and I am basing this story-wise, not strength).

If Warhammer Online is a success, then I would expect to see Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, and Vampire Counts added on in the future, but that could be a ways off.

2. Why wont there be open PVP? You say it's to let RP's but erm do what they did with WOW and shove them on a different server.

The only information they have released about PvP is that it will be based off of the RvR system from Dark Age of Camelot. They have not stated much about the design of the game or how their servers will be set up or even whether there will be open PvP at all.

3. Why level based and not skill based like UO?

Alike your previous question, no information has been released yet about this area of the game. I wouldn't expect to see it until around March or until E3 arrives.

4. Why no open PVP? Warhammer Online is a game that would do open PVP better than any!

See above, and then see above that.

5. The game has to be dark. Warhammer isn't a nice atmosphere, it's meant to be dark and dirty.

I can almost guarantee this, but no promises.

---------------------------------------------------
| www.40ksource.net - 40k MMO fansite

scaramoosh

Novice Member

OP  2/05/06 5:10:21 AM#3
They said it will be level based and it wont be Skillbased :\

Don't click here...no2

ScottElwood

Novice Member

2/05/06 5:12:37 AM#4

Where did you read that?

scaramoosh

Novice Member

OP  2/05/06 5:48:21 AM#5

Go to that link in the 6 races thread.

Don't click here...no2

ScottElwood

Novice Member

2/05/06 1:39:03 PM#6

Though Mark Jacobs (Mythic CEO) is the most reliable source when it comes to this game, that was still said early in development. I wouldn't fully trust most of that until it is officially released because they might have had a shift in ideas since then.

This topic is pretty obvious that they will go the level-based route, but I try to stay optimistic on these points.

CaedesAstrum

Novice Member

2/05/06 10:15:09 PM#7
well the problem with a skill based system like uo, which i played for over 4 years and was my first and favorite mmorpg, until they went and screwed it up with the trammel/felucca thing, is that it is incredibly hard to balance, there will also be a combo of skills that is better than any other, and people will almost always use that set up, and anyone who doesnt will be gimp and have a harder time playing, which means that a skill based system ACTUALLY LIMITS THE TYPE OF CHARACTERS PLAYED MORE THAN A CLASS/LEVEL BASED SYSTEM DOES, sorry its just the truth, and dont bash mythic unless you have played daoc and actually have some logical complaints about it, after uo it is by and far my favorite mmorpg, rvr combat is the most fun ive ever had in a pvp enviroment, it makes you feel like part of a team, and makes for far more interesting combat that simple one on one gankfests like in most free for all pvp enviroments