Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,170 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,079,354
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

13 posts found
  Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  11/24/05 11:29:18 AM#1

Chaos seems to be the favorite race so far (understandable, it is fun both storywise and other ways.)

More than likely, the Realm of Chaos will be an Undivided one, but I still hold out hope that they will have a way to take marks and gain special abilities/powers/gifts/or Magic items, etc.  When taking a mark.  If so.......

What mark would you take?

Undivided
Khorne
Tzeentch
Slannesh
Nurgle
No idea what you're talking about.
(login to vote)
  Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  11/24/05 2:40:25 PM#2

Guess all the Warhammer fans from either the Table top game, or the RPG, or CCG are doing family Thanksgiving today, I'm stuck in a fire station, (good thanksgiving food though :)  and my GF came and had thanksgiving with me and the other guys.

Ok, somewhat quick explaination of the different marks of Chaos.  There are 4 "Gods" of Chaos, the formentioned names, and each represents different aspects of the Chaos realm.  These are what each of the "gods" represent.

Khorne - God of Blood and War.  Khorne will have his own minions fight each other if they cannot find anyone else to fight.  He sits on a throne of skulls, his minions chant the following, "Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne."  Khorne's greater deamon servants are your traditional looking demons, Red, Horns, Bat Wings, Hoofed feet, Pointed tail, etc.  His trademark weapon is usually an Axe.  He hates magic so that his minions almost Nullify the effects of magic cast on them. His traditional colors are Red and Bronze.

Tzeentch - God of Magic.  Tzeentch controls all magic that flows through the realm of chaos, and it is suggested he controls all magic everywhere in the Warhammer world, although that is debatable.  He is known as the Changer or Ways, his minions appear as many different horrifying things, and are therefore known as "Horrors"  The Greater Deamon of Tzeentch appears as a humanoid, with the head of a Bird, and birdlike wings.  His traditional colors are Gold and Blue.

Slannesh - God of Pleasure.  Slannesh is the god of Lust, and torture.  His minions fight because they love the pain and pleasures of War.  Any lustful acts in the Warhammer world are because of the influences of Slannesh.  He is known as the Serpent, and the Dark Prince.  His minions are Female demons, with Claws for hands, and his Greater Deamonette is said to have both male and female parts to please both.  Reguardless of the disgusting appearance of them, they are always enticingly beautiful to some barbaric inner being of Man.  The Greater deamon often has more than two hands (the more the please you with) and many times one or more will have claws.  Whips and Chains are common, and the more the pain, the more the pleasure.  He is the Newest of the gods, and is hated by the other gods, but the contempt is mutually high between Khorne and he.  His traditional colors are Black and Pink.

Nurgle - God of Death and Decay.  Nurgle is the carrier of plagues.  Any Plague, Pestilence, or Disease is caused by Nurgle.  His minions only fight to spread disease, and he is served by the Greater Deamon who's appearance is utterly disgusting.  A large blob, that is typically covered in warts, boils and open wounds.  The service of this god will only grant immunity to the diseases he is sticken to bear, and extream toughness.  They become a bearer of the disease instead of a victim.  His traditional colors are Brown and Green.

Undivided - There is no Undivided god, but a servant of Chaos undivided means one serves all of the gods equally instead of one specific god.  Although one may lean toward one god, the enticement to serve the others keeps this servant undivided  Since all the gods use Black as a traditional color as well, usually this servant will wear black and his gifts are limited due to his inability to choose a god to serve.  The Icon of Chaos Undivided is usually Archaon, who was an Undivided lord, and the only mortal to ever be bestowed all four marks of choas, instead of one.  No other mortal could bear more than one mark without being driven insane and killing himself.  This servant will usually serve any god that calls upon him.

That's a little of the background of this HUGE world that I can't even begin to start trying to explain.  But that's it in a nutshell, I know there's alot more, that I didn't mention, these things are just off the top of my head.

Hope that explains a little, I know I didn't shine much light on why anyone would want to serve Nurgle, but that's something not many could understand anyway.  =)

Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  11/27/05 3:11:41 PM#3

Well, Khorne really takes the lead, granted that doesn't surprise me, hell I'm the only one who voted any of the other marks  =P

Come on ppl, Vote vote vote.

Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  12/21/05 3:24:58 PM#4
Still looking for more votes, considering there are so many votes on the Race poll, that say chaos, surely they'll vote what chaos god they'd promote???
  Anofalye

Novice Member

The enemy is so dumb! They believe that WE are the enemy! - A famous orc commander.

12/21/05 6:34:02 PM#5

Blood for the Blood God!

Today, Let's sacrifice Dark Lord since we didn't kill anyone and he is the only non-Khorne Follower within reach!

Malal is always forgotten for many reasons...first reason is the great lack of documentation.  But Malal is a much more entertaining Chaos God than the 3 weaklings!    (personnally I think I would enforce Malal as the universal choice for every chaos player and put them under constant stress from Khorne legions and other legions, that way the players would have a freaking good reason to stick with loyalty to others chaos players, they are hunted by every other Chaos God, they are a minority (the Jews at best in numbers) and the Law God will hate them even more if anything...since they are the ultimate Chaos)

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - René Levesque about the denial NO on the poll to his dream, project and goal. (Free translation)

Gunharp

Novice Member

12/22/05 7:44:20 AM#6

In my opinion I don't think you should be able to play as CHAOS or Skaven. I mean they are mindless ruthless, INSANE killers! Thats all they do. You can't just walk into a city and shop for gear alongside humans as one -_-"

Anofalye

Novice Member

The enemy is so dumb! They believe that WE are the enemy! - A famous orc commander.

12/23/05 11:25:36 AM#7

If they doesn't allow players to play CHAOS (a logical choice for a warhammer fantasy setting, although not an obligation), they have to serverly tuned the game toward PvE...and when I say serverly, I am gentle.  The fight against Chaos invasion is the center of the game setting, so if no player are even allowed to play Chaos, than it should be mostly a PvE game.   (someone could argue that the Imperials and the Brettonia have lots of territorial disputes...but the Empire never consider conquering the whole Brettonia before purging Chaos, it would be wrong to have to fight humans all the time when you play a human...)

I know for sure that Mythic want to put a huge focus on PvP and RvR, which I hope they do without shafting the PvEers.

Leaving the major Chaos faction unavailable to the players might be great fun (like the Malal thingy I suggest), because you can focus on the PvE and PvP as much as you want quite naturally, Khorne will indistinctly engage other Chaos or Imperials after all.

I rather play Chaos than orcs...well, I wouldn't play a green lowly creature!     I see no troubles with playing a mindless serial killer and doing nothing else but killing all day long!    Who said I want to walk in a shop and buy gear?  I doesn't necessarily want that, killing all day long is something that suit me perfectly well...if the lowly Brettonians have others activities I doesn't as a Chaos, good for them, as long as on the Battlefield I can perform and get all the way up (PvE or PvP wise), that is very good for me (I would prolly stick to PvE, but again, who know?).  I can't shop, NP.  No troubles, I doesn't want to shop.  (a BIG reason why Khorne should be considered off limit, they have no spell casters, which significantly reduce the gameplay...Malal sound extremely appealing for the players, very little is written beside the fact he betray everyone, including all the Chaos Gods...that his followers are a minority...so you can be caught between the Imperials and Khorne if you ain't careful, and let's me tell you, that doesn't sound like a great strategical position to be between the two of them...at least the Brettonians might be bargainable to use against Khorne...Imperials trash...no talking!)

But all this is...wishful thinking.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - René Levesque about the denial NO on the poll to his dream, project and goal. (Free translation)

RJCox

Novice Member

"It''s OK... I''m a leaf on the wind! Watch how I soar!"

12/23/05 11:36:24 AM#8

I voted, but not saying what I voted for. ;)

::::01::
::::02::

Richard J. Cox
"There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  12/24/05 9:29:50 AM#9

Originally posted by Kunou

I voted, but not saying what I voted for. ;)

::::01::
::::02::

Thanks Kunou, I know what you voted (I've been keeping up =)  but I won't tell for you =D
  Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  12/24/05 9:43:30 AM#10

Gunblade, that's Empire propoganda  =P  Actually many of the followers of chaos are very driven, and have their own personal agendas.  Read any of the Warhammer novels.  They're not like Tolkien's villains at all, they have their own agendas, and even turn against their own gods at times.  Khorne are often the most "mindless" of the followers, but it's not as much mindless as it is bloodlust and rage.  The only ones I can think of that are "mindless" like you're talking about are usually the Beastmen, their bloodlust is worse than the humans because they're more likely to eat their victims.  Even the Deamons have their own agendas and personal reasons for fighting, so the followers of chaos are not "mindless Killers"  as much as they are power hungry and decided to follow Choas to gain prestige among their gods to have even more powers gifted to them.

Anofalye, I agree, Its the reason I'm not looking forward at all to the LotR MMO, because of the views on the evil race, and not being playable.  I think the PvP and RvR in Warhammer will have the greatest potential for me to participate in of any MMORPG I have ever played.  I only hope it is as great as it can be.  And everything so far sounds and looks excellent.

Gunharp

Novice Member

12/24/05 1:52:47 PM#11

Originally posted by Dark_Lord_13
Gunblade, that's Empire propoganda =P Actually many of the followers of chaos are very driven, and have their own personal agendas. Read any of the Warhammer novels. They're not like Tolkien's villains at all, they have their own agendas, and even turn against their own gods at times. Khorne are often the most "mindless" of the followers, but it's not as much mindless as it is bloodlust and rage. The only ones I can think of that are "mindless" like you're talking about are usually the Beastmen, their bloodlust is worse than the humans because they're more likely to eat their victims. Even the Deamons have their own agendas and personal reasons for fighting, so the followers of chaos are not "mindless Killers" as much as they are power hungry and decided to follow Choas to gain prestige among their gods to have even more powers gifted to them.

Anofalye, I agree, Its the reason I'm not looking forward at all to the LotR MMO, because of the views on the evil race, and not being playable. I think the PvP and RvR in Warhammer will have the greatest potential for me to participate in of any MMORPG I have ever played. I only hope it is as great as it can be. And everything so far sounds and looks excellent.

-_-"

Ok ok so I was GENERALIZING. But jeese what an evil lot we have here at the forums. Everybodys pro chaos!

Yes I have read a few novels. But I guess playing as a chaos will be vastly different than any other mmo.

Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  12/27/05 12:56:28 PM#12

Originally posted by Gunblade

-_-"

Ok ok so I was GENERALIZING. But jeese what an evil lot we have here at the forums. Everybodys pro chaos!

Yes I have read a few novels. But I guess playing as a chaos will be vastly different than any other mmo.

Let's hope so, the posibilities are there, if mythic uses them.

And of course alot of pro chaos! =)  It's the quick and easy path.  And the way many people take out their frustrations, being bad in an alternate reality.   I just hope it isn't so lopsided that Empire is dead on the server I choose to play on.  That's usually what happens, the race that is according to storyline the "Dominate" race (empire for Warhammer)  Ends up being on the dead end and no one plays in it.  That's always irritating in MMO's for me.  The nice way with Warhammer they can fix that is make sure Nuln Technology is available to Empire citizens  =D  Since the only other race to have such black powder technology are the dwarves.  It would make for a good balancing technique to let Empire carry Hochland Long Rifles, or in RvR's set up the Hellblaster, or pilot the Steam Tank!!!

Gunharp

Novice Member

12/28/05 1:37:29 AM#13

Oh wow...I forgot about the steam tanks. That would be most excellent to blow up some serious chaos but with one.