Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,235 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,617
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

10 posts found
  Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  10/28/05 1:37:17 PM#1

I would like to see an arena style sub-game inside this game, based on Blood Bowl.  =D  I just think it'd be fun, don't even know if it's something do-able, but it'd be great to be able to play Kill-em-all football.  It could even be for certain items/enhancements or something that could give players temperary powers or abilities.

Just an idea, doubt it'll go anywhere, but it could be neat and fun to see.

ScottElwood

Novice Member

10/28/05 9:56:30 PM#2

Hah yeah that would be pretty cool. The only problem is I would spend too much time playing that and not leveling :-D

---------------------------------------------------
| www.40ksource.net - 40k MMO fansite

Anofalye

Advanced Member

The enemy is so dumb! They believe that WE are the enemy! - A famous orc commander.

10/30/05 9:44:06 AM#3

I am pretty sure that Blood Bawl is on the list of stuff Mythic would love to put in a form or another, as is fantasy battle.

I dunno if it will come to life, I dunno when and how, but I am sure it is on the "want to do list" at Mythic.

I would be surprised if it make it in game at release however.  More likely to be mini games or expensions...or something like that.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - René Levesque about the denial NO on the poll to his dream, project and goal. (Free translation)

Dark_Lord_13

Novice Member

OP  11/24/05 10:53:45 AM#4

Haha, yea, leveling would be a problem,

Expansion would be great, it could be optional, some people would care about it, but that would be awesome to actually see it in some form or another, even if it was just a mini-game.

calanorn

Novice Member

11/24/05 8:49:26 PM#5

nearest game ive seen to blood bowl is a single player game called chaos league unknown pretty much budget game but great fun if you like a cross between american football rugby normal football or soccer as some my know it and a wrestleing match lol. you get everything from drug scandles bribing the ref killing players drugging your players to blowing up the opponents with lightning.

cal

Anofalye

Advanced Member

The enemy is so dumb! They believe that WE are the enemy! - A famous orc commander.

11/25/05 12:04:25 PM#6

Chaos League was awful, almost puke on it.

They state they have a GBT option, which officially they have, but unofficially they doesn't have real GBT and this is trash advertising.

I really think that if they put out a Blood Bawl game in this MMO they should either:  Make you play 1 player (not a good idea but not impossible) OR stick to a GBT system for a 1 vs 1 system.  Maybe your actual characters may affect the team you can play and the star players availables, so even the mini game send you back to the main game, more stats on the characters mean more access to uber star players.  But that is merely a pink monkey opinion!   

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - René Levesque about the denial NO on the poll to his dream, project and goal. (Free translation)

kittenbot

Novice Member

12/21/05 1:19:56 AM#7

"A bloodbowl battleground would be 1337 too" - from the conversation about how WoW is practically warhammer in my WoW guild =/

Wertbag

Novice Member

12/28/05 5:57:09 PM#8
While blood bowl as a seperate standalone game could be a laugh, I would hope they don't include it in the MMORPG.  Its got a comedy feel to it, and can't really be justified in a Warhammer fantasy setting.  Arena pitfighting would make sense, but a comedic team game would ruin the dark vicious feel they are going for.
  kittenbot

Novice Member

12/28/05 6:06:15 PM#9

correct me if I'm wrong but has a screenshot even been released? it mgiht not be that dark and vicious yet.

Wertbag

Novice Member

12/28/05 6:17:20 PM#10

There were screenshots and videos before the game was cancelled, but as this is going to be a new engine and company so those are probably all invalid now.

But regardless of that of course its going to be dark 'n vicious.  Thats the whole design plan from day one, its what Mythic have been stating is the idea of the game.  GW made the game that way, supplied the artwork with that feel and Mythic are sticking to that.