Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,225 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,722
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
48 posts found
  velmax

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 11:36:05 AM#21
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Velmax
Mythic doesn't really exist anymore, all the talent are at arenanet, Sony, zenimax, them guys making wildstar, marc Jacobs new studio, sanja weathers studio etc.. i would count trion too, but they have the mythic balance guy, LOL.

The only big name people at ea are marketing bullshitter types like Jeff hickman and Paul barnet. They have about as much chance of making a good mmo as my gran.

Yes, but those game don't focus on PVP like WAR does, the only game i can think of is GW2, which i also play. 

velmax

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 11:37:39 AM#22
Originally posted by UnleadedRev

I love WAR, but i dont play it anymore because its not worth a subscription. In fact have not played it in 2 years.

If they go free to play, I will consider playing it.

Of course anyone new will be owned by T1 twinks, and dead T2 and T3, and slaughtered unmercifully by high RR players.

Also, other than these silly events, the game is abandoned...no new zone, content classes....etc etc

Its a skeleton of a game that could have been great....and I am supposed to be excited about anything Mark Jacobs creates new/

Right....

A lot has changed in those 2 years.

Oldskoo

Novice Member

2/19/13 11:38:41 AM#23

I really enjoyed my time with Warhammer. I played nearly every class at one time or another. The scenarios and open realm PVP were overall a lot of fun while I was there. I liked the public quests as well.

What drove me away from the game was when I would get to T4 there was such a vast disparity between the high RR players and the lower ones that I no longer enjoyed playing my character and, instead of grinding through, I would just go back and play a lower level alt where I could be competetive again rather quickly and back enjoying the game.

I also found much of the PVE to be pretty boring outside of some of the public quests. I didn't mind the imbalances that people spoke between classes as much as others and the only issues I had with PVP was I remember people sitting in scenarios and simply leaching aand when people would basically take turns invading keeps in RvR and not actually fight for them. None of these things were game breaking for me outside of the disparity between power at T4.

What caused me to leave was I basically played the hell out of the first 3 tiers to the point that it just grew stale. Still, having played almost every major MMO released in the last decade, I always thought that Warhammer got a bad rap from people and sad to hear some of the negative things said about the state it is in today. It was the most fun PvP MMO I've played. If the population is decent outside of T1, I would strongly encourage anyone who likes a fantasy PVP MMO to give it a try. 

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 11:41:20 AM#24
Velmax

I think you will find ps2 focuses on pvp, there's no pve in it. It's ALL rvr.
  velmax

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 11:42:27 AM#25
Originally posted by Oldskoo

I really enjoyed my time with Warhammer. I played nearly every class at one time or another. The scenarios and open realm PVP were overall a lot of fun while I was there. I liked the public quests as well.

What drove me away from the game was when I would get to T4 there was such a vast disparity between the high RR players and the lower ones that I no longer enjoyed playing my character and, instead of grinding through, I would just go back and play a lower level alt where I could be competetive again rather quickly and back enjoying the game.

I also found much of the PVE to be pretty boring outside of some of the public quests. I didn't mind the imbalances that people spoke between classes as much as others and the only issues I had with PVP was I remember people sitting in scenarios and simply leaching aand when people would basically take turns invading keeps in RvR and not actually fight for them. None of these things were game breaking for me outside of the disparity between power at T4.

What caused me to leave was I basically played the hell out of the first 3 tiers to the point that it just grew stale. Still, having played almost every major MMO released in the last decade, I always thought that Warhammer got a bad rap from people and sad to hear some of the negative things said about the state it is in today. It was the most fun PvP MMO I've played. If the population is decent outside of T1, I would strongly encourage anyone who likes a fantasy PVP MMO to give it a try. 

I'm glad u had fun in your time in WAR, Im just happy im getting my time with this amazing PVP game.

velmax

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 11:43:01 AM#26
Velmax

I think you will find ps2 focuses on pvp, there's no pve in it. It's ALL rvr.

I really don't like shooters, thats the problem.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 11:43:42 AM#27
What ultimately killed war. Ea don't support their mmos. It's almost funny seeing them pull the same tricks with expansions that arent really expansions and what have you with swtor.
  jtcgs

Advanced Member

2/19/13 11:44:49 AM#28
Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod
Originally posted by jtcgs
Originally posted by velmax

3. Niche Population- The game doesn't have its 800,000 subcribers it had at launch, but it does have its hardcore playerbase, that believes in the game.

4. 2013 and we still don't have a good PVP MMO- This game has an amazing PVP system, and if the PVP is going to be like this in Camelot Unchained i cant wait. Untill then im gonna play me some Warhammer.

P.S. and it needs to go F2P so people can experience this PVP.

im glad you are enjoying the game however.

Every game has a Niche population that believes in the game. In the grand scheme of things, even WoW has a niche population because there are over 30 million people playing MMOs around the world, yes, that many when you count all MMORPGs in Asia.

As for the PvP, thats highly debatable. Warhammer used DaoC style PvP combat of zerg + PvE CCs....really loved the Lava PvP area where everyone was spamming the massive knockbacks to throw people in the lava for instant PvP kills...weak gameplay that rewarded game flaws over skill.

No forum is safe from you XD

that would be because I dont search the forums, I look at what pops up on the "current activity" part of the main page and read what "looks" interesting XD

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Oldskoo

Novice Member

2/19/13 11:47:21 AM#29
It's encouraging to see that people are still enjoying the game because I usually hear mostly negative things about a game I still think fondly of. If the game had a different pricing strategy, I would probably still play it time to time but not enough to pay 15 a month for it at this time. I usually reserve that for an MMO that I am playing as my main game. But, like I said, I have gotten a huge amount of enjoyment from the game while I played it and I'm happy to hear people like yourself are giving it a try and enjoying it. 

velmax

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 11:47:54 AM#30
What ultimately killed war. Ea don't support their mmos. It's almost funny seeing them pull the same tricks with expansions that arent really expansions and what have you with swtor.

True, Ea has runined War and Swtor, which are both great games. I'm hoping WAR has a come back, they deserve it.

velmax

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 11:49:42 AM#31
Originally posted by Oldskoo
It's encouraging to see that people are still enjoying the game because I usually hear mostly negative things about a game I still think fondly of. If the game had a different pricing strategy, I would probably still play it time to time but not enough to pay 15 a month for it at this time. I usually reserve that for an MMO that I am playing as my main game. But, like I said, I have gotten a huge amount of enjoyment from the game while I played it and I'm happy to hear people like yourself are giving it a try and enjoying it. 

I might start a petition on the WAR forums, to make it go F2P i just can't see the game shut down. Their are too many people that havn't tried the true enjoyment of this PVP.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 11:56:23 AM#32
What class are you playing vel?
  cronius77

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 12:03:03 PM#33
warhammer still has some of the best classes out of any game ive played to this day and has some great pvp . But with that being said they literally pigeon toe you into only doing realm vs realm once you get to about level 6 or 7 . There are tons of guys running around in tier 3 renoun rank 79 etc and you need to be about that as a melee dps or tank if you want to go into tier 4 and not get slaughtered. The game REALLY got stupid when they made those expansion packs and added 20 more renoun ranks , then followed by the doorhammer patch where you just objective cap and people do not even defend keeps anymore. Its just been bad design decision after bad design decision that has killed warhammer over time. If Jeff Hickmans stupid ass wouldnt of been making decisions there this game would of turned out much better and I really wish it had its the core of an awesome game.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 12:57:45 PM#34
Agree cronius

It's funny to see him making EXACTLY the same mistakes with swtor though. The guys the epitome of the peter principal and really shows ea up as a bad company where someone with little talent for game making but a massive talent for politics can have such a meteoric rise in power.
  velmax

Advanced Member

OP  2/19/13 1:00:13 PM#35
What class are you playing vel?

A sorcerer, roled a engineer and like him too.

cronius77

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 1:03:33 PM#36
Agree cronius

It's funny to see him making EXACTLY the same mistakes with swtor though. The guys the epitome of the peter principal and really shows ea up as a bad company where someone with little talent for game making but a massive talent for politics can have such a meteoric rise in power.

the worst is im actually friends with the guys nephew who he threw under the bus at mythic during the layoffs , but hes doing better than ol jeff now that hes over at ANet. I cannot just hate on him though because Rob Denton had a huge hand in destroying warhammer himself as well. I really enjoyed warhammer though at launch , if they would of just listened to the damn playerbase after the first couple of months things would be a lot different now than they are. Three people I do not want to see near a game I play again ....Adam Gersowitz Rob Denton and Jeff Hickman. Those three could of easily left warhammer at 1 million or more subs but instead destroyed it.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 1:04:40 PM#37
Ah you will be ok when you hit t4 then. Just keep your distance on your sorc or annoy the hell out of people your engie. Starting T4 is very hard on mdps and tanks (except knights & chosen where you at least bring buffs to the table)
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 1:08:48 PM#38
Cronius, I'm not familiar with Adam gersowitz is he the guy who went to trion? If so he's only small fry, not a big decision maker.

I would add gabe amangetello to the list, non game dev like hickman (being a marketing department guy, where as hickman was a community manager) , who shot up the ranks after the ea takeover and since went on to do such a "bang on" job doing swtors pvp.
  cronius77

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 1:10:20 PM#39
you can also get sweetfx working in warhammer online to make it look really good as well and more up to date with todays graphics just turn off post processing lights in game . I left a tutorial for getting it going in warhammer on their offical forums it was a sticky over there but i think she removed it when i stopped playing . http://social.bioware.com/forum/Gameplay/General-Discussion/sweetfx-with-WAR-15144153-1.html and http://social.bioware.com/forum/Gameplay/General-Discussion/SweetFx-for-WAR-make-your-game-look-great--15170838-1.html for the actual walk through.
  cronius77

Apprentice Member

2/19/13 1:13:20 PM#40
Cronius, I'm not familiar with Adam gersowitz is he the guy who went to trion? If so he's only small fry, not a big decision maker.

I would add gabe amangetello to the list, non game dev like hickman (being a marketing department guy, where as hickman was a community manager) , who shot up the ranks after the ea takeover and since went on to do such a "bang on" job doing swtors pvp.

he went to Rift yes but he wasnt a small fry in the pool he was a lead producer for combat and careers , he made a lot of the large balancing decisions with warhammer. He was of the main reasons why people quit warhammer . If you remember and were there at release , he was the guy that said bright wizards were fine and refused for three months to fix them , while they were stacking up two or three at a time on bridge or choke point with a pocket runepriest or archmage and casting rain of fire on the same spot melting entire warbands. The guy didnt play the same game as anyone else , and he went to rift with the same attitude and was the cause of the huge buff to pyromancers hitting for like 3k per bolt , but that quicky got nerfed.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search