Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,931 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,593
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » My brief run through.

1 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  9/10/12 10:14:27 PM#1

So i got to thinking, you know the rvr in this game was fun at times, and a bit of curiosity got to me.  So i downloaded this, seeing as i havent played since launch...just to check it out, see whats going on ect.

Forst of all i guess i dont qualify on my old account for any welcome back time...in fact none of my old master account/game account info worked, to make matters more fun, i got to reset my password (using a tried and tue gaming only email i use to use) and got to reset my password for an account i dont know the login to...awesome...anyway no big dea right...the games free for t1 and t1 was the most fun imo.

So i make a free account with the devil (EA) and proceed to log in, made a character (squib herder) and bam, blast from the past memories.

Man the RP/Lore in this game, and the setting...they did a good job,despite it all seems so dated in a world of voiced over everything and super shiney graphics, still looked decent enough though.  Oddly i fould some buggy mobs and lag hitches and stuttering...which i dont remember and im on an epic overkill coputer now...anyway.

I was shocked.  I got to level 2 then decided to run to that first RvR base just to see what the action looked like.  Saw nothing but gold farmer spam, and they semed VERY active with it.  Asked in chat a few times if anyones on and nothing.

Didnt see a single player on my trip through to that RvR camp.  Not one.  Tons of game world sitting void of life, other than the npc's fighting ect.

Got to the RvR area.  Mind you this is all free content im in. And i saw like 5 AFK people (assuming from the gold farmer spam that they are selling renown points that these guys were warbanded with famers.    So i decided to venture in alone lv2 intot he RvR areas and see whats was up.

I saw a 3 man order group, no one on my side active.  The order ignored me.  I chased and shot my weak lv2 arrows.  One guy i cornerd and got into a sqib herder vs whatever melee class fight.  It was pathetic.  No skills used, no movement...it was like i was fighting a gold farmer who wasnt paying attention.

And that was the extent that i felt i should stick around.  The T1 is free...i would figure it would have more people or at least some life in it.

Im sure the few who do play, and the life of the game is in T4...but the troubling thing is the lack of new blood into the game, the free area was dead.  It was scary.. i mean this game had a huge launch, i remember what it was like.  

Anyway, its just scary how fortunes change in games like that.  I dont know if going F2P would even save this one.  Ive seen much worse games thrive as well.

I knew it was bad in this game but i didnt know the extent i guess.  Really made me wish the game had life in it, i could see myself getting into some themepark action in WAR for a bit if it did even if it cost me $15-$30 in sub fees.