Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,510 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,648
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Just started patching to try again, and it's already discouraging when...

4 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  8/06/12 9:33:15 PM#1

... THIS is at the top of the patcher:

"LATEST ANNOUNCEMENTS

Welcome to WAR! All servers are online. Be sure to check out the June 2010 Producer's Letter!"

Luckily I'm only looking to kill time and not really get overly into it anyway.

cronius77

Advanced Member

8/06/12 9:39:11 PM#2

war is dead they quit long ago even remotely trying to keep the sites and patcher up to date. Even worse is if you download the entire client and not the streaming it can take you like 12 hours even with a 7 meg download speed because they cap their bandwith.  Go to their forums and look at the begging and pleading with mythic on any update information and see for yourself , EA has totally destroyed this studio

aesperus

Elite Member

8/06/12 9:40:53 PM#3

Well, I hate to say it (as I had a lot of fun w/ this game), but it's basically dead.

EA pulled support for the game years ago, and it's basically a few small keep trading battles, and a small zerg in tier 4. Scenarios almost never Q up anymore, and you have to buy the cashshop upgrade to get the new RvR gear everyone's using now.

If you're just bored, have fun, but the game is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Omali

Hard Core Member

8/06/12 9:43:40 PM#4
Yea, the ship on Warhammer Online set sail a long time ago. Mythic is simply riding the game out until it is no longer profitable to keep running.