Trending Games | Swordsman | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,875 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,736
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  slowpoke68

Spotlight Poster

OP  6/15/12 11:18:03 AM#1

Tried GW2 beta and thought it was a decent game, but it didn't really float my boat.  I need a pvp fix and out of desperation dusted off my WoW account from a couple of years ago.  I am expecting I will get into pvp their and find it to be 100 percent gear based.

Anyway, would love to come back to the best pvp game on the market but am wondering how the pop is these days...is anything going on?

I understand destro is zerging on the one remaining us server, badlands.  That is what I have read anyway. 

Is it worth coming back, or is the game in its death throes?

Thanks.

slowpoke68

Spotlight Poster

OP  6/26/12 3:29:02 PM#2

Thought I would answer my own question.

I used the free two week trial to check out how things are.

Seems about the same as when I left.  You can pretty much always find a small wb taking zones.  Occasionally pvp happens.

With the new brackets, you can actually do scenarios again.  I'm in T3 at level 25 right now and am getting regular pops which is nice.

For any interested, thought I would post.

jimbo833

Novice Member

6/26/12 3:33:57 PM#3

with the last overhaul of PVP, healers are to squishy in T3. so i won't be gonig back, is a shame though, as i did enjoy it :).

but PvP and senarios are non exsistance at t3. so ohh well :( (EU server  i was on) *

Crunchy22

Apprentice Member

7/01/12 11:29:29 PM#4

So did they expand the free accounts past tier 1?

Tier 1 was always a blast with pvp with a cosntat standoff zerv vs zerg and then oppertunites to sneak around and get some smaller scale pvp.

Every time i get the itch to hop back into WAR i get those memories of T2-T3 renown grind.  Not that i dont have an issue with people doing that, however there wasnt an option, if you wanted a WB you had to do the "avoid the enemy faction and just run around capping stuff"

Really you would think they would make it more to where you needed to fight the enemy, since the goal seemed to be avoiding them so you can get a quick cap and move on.

I forget what endgame was even like in this game, so it couldnt have been very good.

To this day i still love the atmosphere of the game, really felt like you were in a hectic warzone every step of the way (mostly)

Just sad to see all the PQ ignored no matter how interesting, and pvp reduced to renown capping.