Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,386 Users Online:0
Games:752  Posts:6,271,920
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » War was good in its time, but its time has past.

4 posts found
  Apotheos

Novice Member

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality the other a matter of time

OP  10/26/11 12:13:02 PM#1

I was a war addict, a fanatic. I ran a great guild on Praag, played for a year or more, then came back and played on Badlands for another 8-10 months. I loved the PvP, the game, the classes.

But its time to move on to what is next. Remember, you can never go home. Once you have left its hard to come back and get that same experience......

Apotheos

GreenHell

Novice Member

10/26/11 12:15:47 PM#2

I guess I just dont understand your post unles the whole meaning of it was you can never go back to an old game...but then you admit you did for 8-10 months. You seemed to have enjoyed your time there. I dont get it.

ThomasN7

Apprentice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

10/26/11 12:15:48 PM#3

Umm when was it ever good ? It tanked so hard I'm still licking my wounds.

wowfan1996

Novice Member

11/19/11 12:44:49 PM#4
Originally posted by SaintViktor

Umm when was it ever good ? It tanked so hard I'm still licking my wounds.

Quite suprisingly it was until they increased RR cap to 100 and made the game pay2win. Sure, PvE died pretty much right away. They should have removed it completely and focus on adding RvR content back when they still could. LotD was a huge mistake. And when they increased RR cap and made the endgame more gear-dependent it was the last straw because WAR needed exactly the opposite - less grindy and less gear-dependent endgame RvR.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).