Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,843,701 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,593
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Thinking about Sub'ing... But...

3 posts found
  genasis

Apprentice Member

OP  10/05/11 6:40:25 PM#1

Hey all,

I played the first 2 months the game came out but then decided to quit do to other games at the time. (yes, i was a wow fag.)

Now i know that this game has a decreasing population in the past year. Theres only like 2 US servers?

Now i love the PVP game play of this game, i think its well made

All i want to do is PVP, i think its call scenarios or something? is there other things than World PVP and scenarios?

Now my question to you!

Is the game Dead? (servers dead)

Will i be able to PVP alot with amount of people in the game still?

Do you think its worth the money per month?

They arent going to shut the servers down right?

Ummm if you think of anything that persaude me to Sub please let me know, or anything that you can tell me to just not play let me know!

PS: sorry for my bad spelling

Gorwe

Elite Member

10/07/11 8:15:27 AM#2
Welcome to MMORPG.com!

Concerning your questions:
1. There are currently two US servers(Gorfang and Badlands) and three Euro ones(Karak Norn/Azgal and Drachenwald{?}). Gorfang is high-ish population one that is fairly balanced, meanwhile Badlands have lost all of their former glory and has medium-small population that is very imbalanced. Karak Norn/Azgal are fairly balanced(though there are occasional Destro zergs) and have high-ish populations.
2. Yes there are Scenarios(equivalent to WoW's Battlegrounds) and RvR(the thing the game is famous for). RvR is large Scale PvP campaign that used to encompass everything you could do in game(prior to 1.4 patch). Nowadays, there is no PvP in RvR(only PvP present is one when RR 90+ slaughters whole warbands of inferior opponents) and all that is being done are the keep changes(yes changes, because Order zergs one empty keep while Destro zergs another empty one). Oh, by the way, there are no more Lords/Heroes in the keeps(Champs around the Keep are still there) and you can now be 2x your exp rank in Renown rank(RR=2xCR), as opposed to previous system where you could be RR=CR+1. Open world PvP(called Skirmishes in WAR) is almost non existant nowadays.
3. The servers are dead-ish for most of the day, except for the prime time. Some(Like Badlands) are dead outside of prime time and dead-ish on prime time.
4. You COULD PvP a lot IF you found a group of people to PvP with AND a group of people to PvP against. For reasons why consult my second answer(Keep Changes).
5. No, no and NO! The game wouldn't be worth even microtransaction stuff in its current shape.
6. They most certainly are not going to shut Down the servers any time soon. Look at DAoC(almost 10 years Old) and Ultima Online(the oldest MMO currently running). That is unfortunate part because between Warhammer: Wrath of Heroes and ToR there is very slim chance for WAR changes to happen. That and as long as WAR is kept alive(more Like afloat) there is NO chance that you will see another Warhammer:Fantasy MMO that would be better.

Those are my answers. Hope I helped you.
  GiveMe5

Novice Member

10/20/11 1:42:52 PM#3

DONT!