Trending Games | ArcheAge | Archlord 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,801,670 Users Online:0
Games:725  Posts:6,196,665
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
37 posts found
  slowpoke68

Spotlight Poster

OP  9/27/11 7:45:18 PM#1

Resubbed to check out the game.  Seemed really dead.  Its a shame because I think this could be the best pvp game on the market.  But no players = no fun in rvr.  Acutally uninstalled today and cancelled my account. 

Hope some of these new mmos coming out are good.  Not much out there right now worth playing imo.

hockeyplayr

Hard Core Member

9/27/11 7:47:03 PM#2

its a shame.  it was one of the few games that i didn't notice the grind and didn't feel like i was racing to level

Netspook

Advanced Member

9/27/11 7:47:29 PM#3

When you call your thread "wow dead", it looks like you're talking about World of Warcraft...

VoxTrooper

Novice Member

9/27/11 7:50:05 PM#4

And more server merges on the way. Just remember the devs and CSR supposed to be on WAR are on ToR.

It is best for the industry the MMO throne remains an dusty empty seat never to be filled.

User Deleted
9/27/11 7:54:41 PM#5

I actually liked this game...only if they didnt focused so much about the PvP and actually make things work for PvE players.

User Deleted
9/27/11 8:00:43 PM#6

Hard to believe this game is already 3 years old.  Doesn't seem all that long ago it was released.

CyanK

Novice Member

9/27/11 8:18:18 PM#7
Originally posted by slowpoke68

Resubbed to check out the game.  Seemed really dead.  Its a shame because I think this could be the best pvp game on the market.  But no players = no fun in rvr.  Acutally uninstalled today and cancelled my account. 

Hope some of these new mmos coming out are good.  Not much out there right now worth playing imo.

Thats weird, I did the exact same thing today. Leveled a DoK up to 27 before I just hit the wall. Nobody doing any of the public quests and the RvR is more like Doorhammer than Warhammer with the two factions just taking turns flipping zones all day.

I followed for months pre-launch, ordered the CE and was ready to go. Played for six months then burned out on the repetive nature of the game. Only thing thats changed in 3 years is that now the world outside of the RvR lakes is a barren wasteland that I saw maybe a half dozen people in outside the starting Tier during my 14 welcome back trial. Also, it's nigh impossible to get into a scenario, I would spend on average at least 5hrs every morning in queue in hopes of getting into one after getting into Tier 2 content.

This game should have been one of the top three in the market the last few years. I lay the blame mostly at the feet of Mythic for selling their souls to EA in what they touted at the time as a perfect way to increase awareness for their game.

askdaboss

Hard Core Member

9/27/11 8:27:01 PM#8
Originally posted by jvxmtg

I actually liked this game...only if they didnt focused so much about the PvP and actually make things work for PvE players.

Please, no. There aren't that many "good" (<= not really applicable in this case) PvP games (I would even say RvR games) released, so no PvE thanks. It's not as if there aren't any good PvE games around as well. The game was intended to be a RvR game from the beginning, and I am glad they kept this stance throughout the development process (or at least focused mostly on RvR).

Too bad the implementation did not live up to people's expectation.

TheCrow2k

Novice Member

9/27/11 8:32:59 PM#9
Originally posted by CyanK
Originally posted by slowpoke68

Thats weird, I did the exact same thing today. Leveled a DoK up to 27 before I just hit the wall. Nobody doing any of the public quests and the RvR is more like Doorhammer than Warhammer with the two factions just taking turns flipping zones all day.

I followed for months pre-launch, ordered the CE and was ready to go. Played for six months then burned out on the repetive nature of the game. Only thing thats changed in 3 years is that now the world outside of the RvR lakes is a barren wasteland that I saw maybe a half dozen people in outside the starting Tier during my 14 welcome back trial. Also, it's nigh impossible to get into a scenario, I would spend on average at least 5hrs every morning in queue in hopes of getting into one after getting into Tier 2 content.

This game should have been one of the top three in the market the last few years. I lay the blame mostly at the feet of Mythic for selling their souls to EA in what they touted at the time as a perfect way to increase awareness for their game.

You can blame EA for the rush to launch which caused features to be cut or left half finished such as city sieges.

BUT

The game failed due to Mythic and their repeated angry denial of 2 core issues that made the game unbalanced. The first issue was Bright wizard DOT stacking which was bugged & massively OP. Players provuided evidence of the problem and Mythic responded by locking threads and angrily denying such a problem existed. The Second (which compounded the first even further) was that magic resistance did not work at all, again Mythic denied this even in the face of player evidence and the obvious imbalance of 70% bright wizard population at tier 3.
These issues really werent that noticable until you reached tier 3 which took most players a month or so. From there most of us gave them a couple of months to fix these issues. Instead what we got was 2 more playable classes lol and still the same issues of imbalance.

For a game that hung its hat on PvP (and lets face it WAR's PvE beyond public quests was total crap) you would think priority would be given to fixing obvious imbalances but I guess that is too logical.

Bottom line it was 90% Mythics fault WAR died in the ass.

Beacker

Novice Member

9/27/11 8:35:04 PM#10

This game was dead a few months after release. I am surprised it hasn't been canceled yet.

nomss

Apprentice Member

9/27/11 8:36:02 PM#11
Originally posted by Netspook

When you call your thread "wow dead", it looks like you're talking about World of Warcraft...

I know lol! Don't use the forbidden word dude. You should change the title to maybe: Dang, the game's dead.

Guild Wars 2's 50 minutes game play video:
http://n4g.com/news/592585/guild-wars-2-50-minutes-of-pure-gameplay
Everything We Know about GW2:
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/287180/page/1

gigat

Advanced Member

9/27/11 8:38:32 PM#12

I enjoyed many aspects of WAR. As soon as I hit Tier 4 though, the game went down-hill very fast.

My best experience in this game was during closed beta, during the focused testing. Mythic put ALL of the players into the same RvR lakes, and we would have these incredibly massive and epic battles fighting over objectives. That was the best PvP experience I've ever had, ever.

Gorwe

Hard Core Member

9/29/11 6:30:33 PM#13

They erred on many fronts actually...PQ's(boring, non rewarding grind{kill 200 creatures, REALLY?}), Scenarios(too inspired by our hated Battlegrounds), Crafting(fail...if they saw their vision till the end it would be choke full of win)...only thing that half-worked[zergs...] was RvR which they strangulated with 1.40(doorhammer and Renown craze)...

Sigh...I wish this game would die so some other developers can get their swing at Warhammer Fantasy(ANYONE but Failythic).

User Deleted
10/02/11 6:10:38 AM#14
Originally posted by Beacker

This game was dead a few months after release. I am surprised it hasn't been canceled yet.

It was dead in beta when they started ignoring "This sucks" "It's not fun because of X" complaints.
  channel84

Novice Member

10/02/11 6:20:32 AM#15

This game is part of the reason why i'm gonna sit out on ToR.

If bioware can't fix the best fantasy ip around then.....

tawess

Elite Member

10/02/11 6:32:02 AM#16
Originally posted by channel84

This game is part of the reason why i'm gonna sit out on ToR.

If bioware can't fix the best fantasy ip around then.....

So because Mythic could not marry the pvp-craze of DAoC with the PvE play of WoW and was rushed out the door half done, you will not play a game from BioWare that is based on a tried formula they have used in more then half a dosen games...

Makes perfect sense... .. .

But it is ok, others will fill your spot. It is after all dumb to buy a game if you do not like it. Me... Having liked the KotOR/Masseffect/DragonAge games is going to try it.

I will not re-sub to this game, with the new PvP-light facebook crap they released it is clear that the game is dead.

Sad... I did like it.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

channel84

Novice Member

10/02/11 6:39:04 AM#17
Originally posted by tawess

So because Mythic could not marry the pvp-craze of DAoC with the PvE play of WoW and was rushed out the door half done, you will not play a game from BioWare that is based on a tried formula they have used in more then half a dosen games...

Wow i didn't know bioware make mmo.....tried formula eh? 

Bioware was bought in to fix WAR by EA....did they succeed? 

Oops

waveslayer

Hard Core Member

10/02/11 6:43:49 AM#18

Oops

Wrong, Bioware was not brought in by EA to fix WAR, Bioware was bought becuase of what they do and that is make great games, it would be great if EA could be convinced to close WAR and let Bioware fix it and re-release it.

Godz of War I call Thee

tawess

Elite Member

10/02/11 9:03:03 AM#19

Oops

No need to re-state the part about BW in relation to WAR... But if you fail to understand why BW can't really do anythying to "save" WAR... Then nothing i say will have a impact either.

SW:TOR builds on the concept and formula of the previous SP roleplaying games released. And while the MMO tag ups the ante it will at the very least be a decent SP games and as such my comment still stands. Mythic inherited the honors of making a Warhammer MMO after the first company failed... Hard... They tried to do to much and had to little/could not manage time and ended up with punting a half-done game out the door.

Anything less then a NGE-Style makeover would be to little. And that cost a ton of money.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

Scambug

Novice Member

10/02/11 9:12:20 AM#20

It's still the best PvP MMO out there IMO.

I resubbed a couple weeks ago and I'm having fun.

The Badlands server is by no stretch of the imagination dead.

There are players everywhere you look, not just free trials in T1.

Also, WAR isn't a WoW clone and, in my book, that's reason enough to give them my money.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search