Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | World of Warcraft | Swordsman

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,963 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,476
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

9 posts found
  Gorwe

Elite Member

OP  9/18/11 12:32:55 PM#1

Enlighten me people on this subject...people often say things like "I'll get my dose of Warhammer from secondclass WAR or thirdclass WoH"...the problem is those games have so little Warhammer spirit that it's sad.

Here's a question:Why wouldn't you get your dose from some of books(great ones like Matthias Thulmann or Sigmar series{seriously what is more Warhammer than bloody SIGMAR novel?}) or from tabletop or whatever that has true Warhammer spirit, not these shabby products?

Could someone enlighten me?(and yes I understand the need to socialize but why wouldn't you go to your local Warhammer/GW shop/meeting place for that?)

Pilnkplonk

Advanced Member

9/18/11 12:39:43 PM#2
Originally posted by Gorwe

Enlighten me people on this subject...people often say things like "I'll get my dose of Warhammer from secondclass WAR or thirdclass WoH"...the problem is those games have so little Warhammer spirit that it's sad.

Here's a question:Why wouldn't you get your dose from some of books(great ones like Matthias Thulmann or Sigmar series{seriously what is more Warhammer than bloody SIGMAR novel?}) or from tabletop or whatever that has true Warhammer spirit, not these shabby products?

Could someone enlighten me?(and yes I understand the need to socialize but why wouldn't you go to your local Warhammer/GW shop/meeting place for that?)

Well you know it's because this is a mmorpg review and discussion site rather than a book or WH fan site...

Gorwe

Elite Member

OP  9/18/11 12:56:53 PM#3
I know but that thing has always interested me and it is linked to at least two products in mmorpg's catalogue(WAR and WoH).
  Neiko

Novice Member

9/21/11 2:22:08 AM#4

Eh. People like to see visuals of things they imagine. You can't watch an apocalypse battle from soldier to soldier on the tabletop. Technically you can, but you can't see him animated actually shooting the enemy, taking cover behind whatever he can.

I figure stuff like that is the reason most people do it. I absolutely LOVE dawn of war 2 for the battle chatter and watching the small fights unfold. I also from time to time like to just watch Starcraft 2 not as e-sport, but as like a movie. Watch a replay from start to finish based around the story. As in, watch the protoss setup the outpost on this world to collect resources, when they find out zerg have the same plans. It's just fun to watch it from a lore view from time to time.

Getting off subject, but idk why people would use those excuses for these two. They have so little to do with lore other than being in the universe and using the races. But they aren't even using them correctly. Maybe they're just grabbing at reasons to say they like the games.

---------------

Gorwe

Elite Member

OP  9/22/11 3:47:07 PM#5

Exactly!!! They are like moths that can not break off the light that's killing them(not so serious, but the idea is visible). Those two are just bad games(how I hate to say that about games set in universe I LOVE).

I did not expect it would ever come to this(seeing how I am naturally helpful/positive person) but I am actually now rooting not for survival of WAR but for it's death. Strange are Lord's ways, it's true. It does not have to die per se, but at least be sold off of EA/Failythic's influence. Either of those two is fine with me.

Varthander

Advanced Member

Forum ranks are useless.

9/22/11 3:54:30 PM#6

The people who seek his dose of warhammer in videogames are probably nowaday fans or just stupids, i just play warhammer videogames for fun and thats all, i still remember the day i read my first codex and the emotion was undescriptible "and it was just a damn codex" the warhammer lore's are just fucking great, sure someday will be a game with its spirit with no doubt and of course i will be there to taste it, em... enough said.

Edit: actually i found Space marine very very good, they can do better of course but its surpisingly good.

Gorwe

Elite Member

OP  9/22/11 7:09:40 PM#7

Yes, Relic games are outstanding(40k games that is). All of them(DoW 1+2,SM and undoubtfully Dark Millenium). When I read Matthias Thulmann or the Gray Knights series it is just so...much more than WAR and WoH give you. Somebody thinks that Warhammer is just about War(it isn't, otherwise Warhammer Fantasy/Inquisitor wouldn't be even half as popular as they are).

If only 1/4 of Warhammer Fantasy lore made it in whatever Warhammer Fantasy game I'd be extatic(it is not less epic than 40k, whatever developers think).

Neiko

Novice Member

9/23/11 1:33:48 AM#8
Originally posted by Varthander

The people who seek his dose of warhammer in videogames are probably nowaday fans or just stupids, i just play warhammer videogames for fun and thats all, i still remember the day i read my first codex and the emotion was undescriptible "and it was just a damn codex" the warhammer lore's are just fucking great, sure someday will be a game with its spirit with no doubt and of course i will be there to taste it, em... enough said.

Edit: actually i found Space marine very very good, they can do better of course but its surpisingly good.

I found space marine to give me a really good immersion and feeling that I was a Space Marine in the 40k universe. I really liked it a lot. Although it felt like they shunned melee based players in the campaign and multiplayer. But this isn't really the place to discuss that.

---------------

Gorwe

Elite Member

OP  9/23/11 8:30:55 PM#9
Agreed that it is not...but then again what should we comment about WAR? A keep take heh?