Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest Next | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,912 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,313,107
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

16 posts found
  MJLuo

Novice Member

OP  8/16/11 2:02:18 PM#1

So is "wrath of heroes" a new game? or is it an expansion? wth is it? cause its says Play for Free. Bur warhammer online is p2p? so Is WoH gonna make warhammer F2P? wtf? or is WAR and WoH two seperate games? i am confused...

Methos12

Hard Core Member

Its better to be quiet and perceived as stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

8/16/11 2:04:06 PM#2

Spin-off MOBA game. Although I do suppose their blatant recycling of WAR's content could confuse people. It's just... bad manners.

Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
Magic without Technology is fantasy.
Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.

MJLuo

Novice Member

OP  8/16/11 2:05:05 PM#3

nvm, i think i found out. i am gonna assume its under the warhammer online catagory, but a new game...so much fail. Like someone said a recycled game...GG

twodayslate

Apprentice Member

8/16/11 2:07:00 PM#4
Originally posted by Methos12

Spin-off MOBA game. Although I do suppose their blatant recycling of WAR's content could confuse people. It's just... bad manners.

This is EA after all, hardly surprising that they'd piss on their own existing IP after what they did with that new Origin service.

Honeymoon69

Novice Member

8/16/11 2:15:39 PM#5
a central hub u queue to play 6v6v6, no open world pvp keep siege. What a waste of time.
  htiger23

Novice Member

8/16/11 3:07:06 PM#6

World of Hammers?

:)

Palanor

Apprentice Member

8/16/11 4:10:35 PM#7

I actually think it has potential, depending on how they implement the cash shop. If you're interested in some pvp fun but don't want to pay a monthly fee for an mmo, this will probably be perfect. You can compare it to a shooter. You jump into a game, play a couple of rounds and then log off and play again another day.

I don't play WAR anymore (I was low renown anyway ~50) because I have some issues with the game, but this looks interesting to me.

Nerf rock, paper is fine -Scissor

Neiko

Novice Member

8/17/11 2:50:28 AM#8

If they balance this correctly, it could be massive. I don't know of any other moba that has 3 factions in it. I'm going to at least try the game when it comes out. Hopefully I get in the beta!

---------------

Kalfer

Advanced Member

8/17/11 2:55:52 AM#9

Please tell me you can design your hero from scratch? I dislike LoL/HoN/Diablo 3/DOTA 2 so much because you cant customize your heros appereance and abillities. I don't want to play their pre-made characters. I want to make my own!

Zolgar

Novice Member

Where is fancy bred? In the heart or in the head?

8/17/11 2:59:56 AM#10

Self quote:

Originally posted by Zolgar

It's an interesting idea to be sure. The MOBA thing is getting (already is?) pretty huge. If you combine awesome arena gameplay, remove the boring PvE elements, add in the Warhammer IP, you COULD have a recipe for success.

Browsing through the WAR forums, it turns out they got some new people in for this project, and they are capable of sharing assets between both games (this and WAR Online). If this ends up being some sort of hit, the money they make (from the cash shop) could be used for WAR as well. It would be a slow process to take assets like the troll/vampire/etc models from WoH, add more abilitis, balance them in AoR, make new armor models for them, etc, but the potential is no doubt there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

TheCrow2k

Novice Member

8/17/11 3:04:02 AM#11

That & they took graphics which already looked, unpolished and dated with weak animations stuck a cell shader on it and are trying to spin it as something new & revolutionary when it isnt.

One would hope they got the class balance rigth in the end though, it was garbage balance that cause the mass exodus 2-3 months after launch.

Zolgar

Novice Member

Where is fancy bred? In the heart or in the head?

8/17/11 3:05:48 AM#12
Originally posted by TheCrow2k

That & they took graphics which already looked, unpolished and dated with weak animations stuck a cell shader on it and are trying to spin it as something new & revolutionary when it isnt.

They never claimed the cell shading was new and revolutionary. As far as 6v6v6 in a MOBA game? As far as I know, it is indeed new.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

Kelthius

Novice Member

8/17/11 3:08:48 AM#13

Apparently Bioware is making this. I'll be watching to see where it goes.

arctarus

Advanced Member

8/17/11 3:13:28 AM#14
With only 5 skills each to use, I don't think it'll be hard to balance them.

RIP Orc Choppa

TheCrow2k

Novice Member

8/17/11 3:19:20 AM#15
Originally posted by Zolgar

They never claimed the cell shading was new and revolutionary. As far as 6v6v6 in a MOBA game? As far as I know, it is indeed new.

I meant new gameplay. The addition of 6 Vs 6 Vs 6 to an existing gameplay formula is a twist on existing gameplay and not really new IMHO.

Good luck to them, I will be giving it a miss as I want nothing further to do with the remnants of Mythic's horrible attempt at a Warhammer Game.

aquafusiondn

Apprentice Member

8/17/11 3:35:55 AM#16

that what I thought it is. At the first look, it look like a new RVR for WAR. It have the same graphic as WAR, it have the same character models as WAR, it have the same look as WAR. That why I was confused why they call it WOH. My eyes is screaming that it is some additions for WAR but my brain is telling me it a spinoff. ow... my eyes and brain hurts already by watching that trailer.

I meant new gameplay. The addition of 6 Vs 6 Vs 6 to an existing gameplay formula is a twist on existing gameplay and not really new IMHO.
Good luck to them, I will be giving it a miss as I want nothing further to do with the remnants of Mythic's horrible attempt at a Warhammer Game.

Actually, what I know is, it is EA that ran Mythic to the ground. You know how EA love to stomp on the small dev companies and buy them out and then ran them to the ground. If there is a publisher that want to buy Mythic, the players will support that happily and would do anything to kick out EA.

In my opinion, WOH most likely to fail... c'mon... it is EA... some of you might not aware of this but EA brought Bioware already. so basically, WOH is owned by EA. Wouldn't be surprise if there is a problem already before the release, I mean something related to the publisher/devs.