Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,476 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,548
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Tried to sign up - game dead?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
25 posts found
  Kniknax

Apprentice Member

OP  8/12/11 6:26:17 AM#1

Hi, I tried to resubscribe to WAR today - after quitting right back in the early days due to the client crashing my system.

Installed from DVD, then the patcher crashed and refused to patch. So downloaded the current client, and tried to resub, but the account page just showed a 404. So tried to start a trial account, same thing. I noticed the front page "News" section is now almost a year old, so... I'm guessing this game is dead right?

You'd think they would put something on the front page rather than just closing, but hey ho! Was a (not so) fun hour spent trying to make it work lol.

If anyone knows otherwise, please do let me know and Ill try again some other time.

Thanks.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

Slampig

Apprentice Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

8/12/11 6:30:35 AM#2

My suggestion would be to try harder. The Herald is up and has an update from just two days ago. The game is also patching just fine over here.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Sovrath

Elite Member

8/12/11 6:33:45 AM#3

It says the account management is down for maintenance.

Kniknax

Apprentice Member

OP  8/12/11 6:37:32 AM#4

Thats very helpful, you are a star, thank you!

In a less sarcastic note, the patcher (in the EU) has an error and closes. The download client asks for an account login, which you have to create, but you get a 404 error on the website. And the website front page last update is "9/01 Return to WAR" - dated 2010.

Main Page:

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

Account Page:

https://accounts.eamythic.com/war/trial/WHFB9F-PNAIU-3XRWI-E6BRD-TRPTI

So, as your so amazingly clever and clued up - please could you tell the rest of us where YOU go to sign up and where YOU go to get your news?

Thanks

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

Kniknax

Apprentice Member

OP  8/12/11 6:38:42 AM#5
Originally posted by Sovrath

Where does it say this?

Seriously, the website is a mess of barely working code. Is the game like this? Has it not been updated in over a year? 

Kabaal

Novice Member

Haggis Humper

8/12/11 6:41:55 AM#6
Originally posted by jayanti

Where does it say this?

Seriously, the website is a mess of barely working code. Is the game like this? Has it not been updated in over a year? 

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war

The tab named Herald at the top of the page is where the latest news is posted.

"Greetings!

The Account Center will be down starting 11:30pm EDT tonight, Wednesday the 10th of August and remain down until 4:10pm EDT Friday the 12th of August for extended essential maintenance. If you have purchased gametime in the last few days please do not make an attempt to apply them until the account center is back up.  This will not affect you getting into the game to play.

Thank you for your patience.
"

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

User Deleted
8/12/11 6:42:18 AM#7

Where does it say this?

https://accounts.eamythic.com/

That took 2 seconds, and I don't even play WAR.

Groot

Apprentice Member

8/12/11 6:42:36 AM#8

Currently Offline

The Mythic Account Management site is currently down for maintenance. We should be back soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Learn to read i'm guessing...or close your browser and clear your cache.  

Sovrath

Elite Member

8/12/11 6:43:01 AM#9

Where does it say this?

Currently Offline
The Mythic Account Management site is currently down for maintenance. We should be back soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
  Kniknax

Apprentice Member

OP  8/12/11 6:43:30 AM#10
Originally posted by MMOtoGO

Where does it say this?

That took 2 seconds, and I don't even play WAR.

/clap.

Well done.

Bhazir

Novice Member

8/12/11 6:43:46 AM#11

The game has changed hands a few times and your characters houls have been transferred the first time from EU to US, and later from mythic to EA-mythic to origin (still EA).

Sounds like you missed the EU to US transfer and not sure if that is still supported though.

bhazir Xfire Miniprofile
  Kniknax

Apprentice Member

OP  8/12/11 6:44:35 AM#12
Originally posted by Kabaal

Where does it say this?

Thanks Kabaal. Someone helpful and non-patronising on the forum finally.

p.s. - Its been down since Weds? Wow.

HolyTrevor

Hard Core Member

8/12/11 6:45:07 AM#13

u also have to remember to put _eur after ur login name which happened after eu site closed, not sure if that would help at all but id thought i would tell u anyway lol

Sovrath

Elite Member

8/12/11 6:46:56 AM#14
Originally posted by Kabaal

Where does it say this?

Thanks Kabaal. Someone helpful and non-patronising on the forum finally.

p.s. - Its been down since Weds? Wow.

There are many posts that aren't patronizing.

And you "are welcome."

Kniknax

Apprentice Member

OP  8/12/11 6:46:58 AM#15
Originally posted by Bhazir

The game has changed hands a few times and your characters houls have been transferred the first time from EU to US, and later from mythic to EA-mythic to origin (still EA).

Sounds like you missed the EU to US transfer and not sure if that is still supported though.

Thanks for the info. So we have lost all our characters? Harsh. Ah well, best to start a-new anyway I would imagine. 

So its being run by the UO team now? Thats quite good news I would imagine, as they have been keeping UO running pretty well, with expansions, for many years.

Kniknax

Apprentice Member

OP  8/12/11 6:47:52 AM#16
Originally posted by ironwarriorx

u also have to remember to put _eur after ur login name which happened after eu site closed, not sure if that would help at all but id thought i would tell u anyway lol

Thanks for the tip! Will bear it in mind.

Kabaal

Novice Member

Haggis Humper

8/12/11 6:49:57 AM#17
Originally posted by Bhazir

Thanks for the info. So we have lost all our characters? Harsh. Ah well, best to start a-new anyway I would imagine. 

So its being run by the UO team now? Thats quite good news I would imagine, as they have been keeping UO running pretty well, with expansions, for many years.

No, all your characters are still there. You may have to transfer them to a new server before you can play them if they are on a server which has been closed down though, it can be done for free via the account page.

The game is still ran by Mythic, the only thing that has changed recently on that side is the merging of the account center with EA's.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Snoepie

Apprentice Member

8/12/11 8:57:39 AM#18

there site is just rolf..

Nothing works.. try to make a trial or access your account don't work..

the download lnk give some short of database error.

just lol

drbaltazar

Novice Member

8/12/11 9:00:43 AM#19

make sure your anti-virus is disabled or you ll have issue!once done before playing, scan  you whole system with your antivirus!

then later at night before you go to sleep start microsoft sweeper .with these tip ,everything should be fine and dandy (unless you firewall is walling the game.(for firewall tip i wont go into that too many variable!)

Snoepie

Apprentice Member

8/12/11 9:32:14 AM#20
Originally posted by drbaltazar

make sure your anti-virus is disabled or you ll have issue!once done before playing, scan  you whole system with your antivirus!

then later at night before you go to sleep start microsoft sweeper .with these tip ,everything should be fine and dandy (unless you firewall is walling the game.(for firewall tip i wont go into that too many variable!)

sorry to say but this have nothing to do  with the website yes or no working

its just fail coding.. either is works or not.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search